Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2015, 07:13 AM   #21

Gregg you may have a problem when you try to sell or trade your unit in,,, if I were you I would talk to the dealer,,, see if they will help,,, or call FR ???
I can't believe that unit ever got out of the factory ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:19 PM   #22

Gregg, I went back and looked at the old 2012 to 2014 models of your type unit and low and behold, they all were designed the same as yours. It must have been just the way that type of shower was done. I don't know the reasoning or the purpose but you're right. It just looks wrong! Go back on the internet and look at dealers selling your type rig and you will see what i mean. Glad you fixed the leak. Just goes to show you not all are the same.

DavidMPDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMPDK View Post
Gregg, I went back and looked at the old 2012 to 2014 models of your type unit and low and behold, they all were designed the same as yours. It must have been just the way that type of shower was done. I don't know the reasoning or the purpose but you're right. It just looks wrong! Go back on the internet and look at dealers selling your type rig and you will see what i mean. Glad you fixed the leak. Just goes to show you not all are the same.
David,

Thanks for the research! I believe the pan was installed incorrectly as other have noted. But yeah, it probably was a different group of installers at that time and that was how it was assembled at Salem.

I can see how the pan should be behind the wall with my unit. During my PDI we fired up the shower but I am pretty sure the water was aimed at the drain. Was not until I did my "yard camp" that I noticed it. The silicone I applied is suffice and works so all is good (you have to look for it).

That was then and this is now. I still love this little guy and I have done a lot of mods to it via this forum and others. I am ready to upgrade to a 5th wheel and I have no issues letting the next buyer know everything about this unit. It is so much more than what it was. I had a couple little issues that I took care of myself. The person that buys this will be getting a quality unit that I will stand by.

Thanks again for your research. Good information to know.

Tags
caulk, show, shower