Old 12-07-2015, 08:02 PM   #11
Haha! I can imagine. I think the dealerships need to provide a "post winter checklist" for new owners. Whatever they turn off, tell us!

This forum is the best thing I've come across.

Thank you, and everyone else here for your contributions!

DanyaScavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:32 PM   #12
And Danya, when it comes time to winterize again next year, remember these 3 valves. They ALL need to have their position changed (cold (blue) & hot (red) valves changed from open to closed, bypass valve changed from closed to open) before you pump any anti-freeze into the system. Make sure you do searches for "how to winterize" here on the forum before you try it.

1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2007)
2012 Roo19 - hybid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:35 PM   #13
Originally Posted by DanyaScavo View Post
Now I'm even more confused. lol
This is the set up in the one compartment I opened a valve that in the dealership "tips" schematic they said turned on and off the outdoor shower.

This was shown to operate only the outside shower. So I'm assuming they were incorrect in their overview?
Attachment 95744

Danya, wmtire did a superb job of getting you on the correct track for hot water.
I'd like to address your photo of the white colored valve you said the dealership told you went to the outside shower. I don't believe it does.

To supply the outside shower, there needs to be two plumbing lines going to it. Hot and cold. To control flow to the outside shower, the valve would somehow have to be able to shut off both the hot and cold water supply. This valve does not do that.

The white valve in the photo is the winterizing valve. (also sometimes called the fresh water tank bypass valve). With the valve positioned as it is in the photo, your system is able to draw fresh water from the fresh water tank via the on board pump.

You would turn this valve 1/4 turn when winterizing to draw antifreeze from the antifreeze connection with the on board pump. (Refer back to wmtire's winterizing diagram post). This allows you to inject antifreeze into the plumbing system without having to pour antifreeze into the fresh water tank. (something you don't want to do)

I believe the dealership gave you incorrect information about the white valve.
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel
Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 44
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:02 PM   #14
Thank you! Yeah, our dealership seems like they may be a little incompetent regarding this model. We were the first buyer they had on it when it came in. I'm definitely going to read up on the winterizing protocol for the future. This winter we will be in warm temps with the exception of three weeks in early January visiting family in Ohio. If the temps don't drop below 30 we won't be winterizing, as we'll have power to run the Arctic system. If it does drop, we'll be winterizing for a couple weeks.
DanyaScavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:57 AM   #15
This same thing happened to us on our trip last week. I had the bypass valve open, closed it and had plenty of hot water.

Iplayjems is offline   Reply With Quote

hot water, show, shower, water