Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2016, 12:26 AM   #1

Shower leaks

Fr3
Hi everyone,
There are times that my shower will leak from the outside corners of the base. I will generally start seeing water seeping through the corners of the shower when i am driving. It as if there is water being retained under the shower. What could be the cause?
Nsopti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:52 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsopti View Post
Fr3
Hi everyone,
There are times that my shower will leak from the outside corners of the base. I will generally start seeing water seeping through the corners of the shower when i am driving. It as if there is water being retained under the shower. What could be the cause?
Once in awhile I will have very little water seep out from under the pan. I checked on the basement and eveything around the drain is bone dry. It will happen if you put your weight by the drain only. I have come to the conclusion that the shower drain in not sealed. So the water will run between the drain and the shower floor when it flexes. I found the same problem in the kitchen sink drain there was never any plumbers tape or silicone used to seal in between I'm thinking the same thing at the shower. Once I pulled the strainer and sealed around it I haven't had a problem since with either galley sink, so that where I guess I will start..

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:39 AM   #3

Have you open the access cover under the shower pan and taken a look underneath? I was told it was good practice to always open that access cover and check the P-trap drain to make sure its tight. Sometimes it'll loosen up going down the road. Take a look and see if there is any evidence of water down there.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasFR3 View Post
Have you open the access cover under the shower pan and taken a look underneath? I was told it was good practice to always open that access cover and check the P-trap drain to make sure its tight. Sometimes it'll loosen up going down the road. Take a look and see if there is any evidence of water down there.

Wow I've never done that but you can bet your last nickel l will now.
wayne and sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:56 PM   #5

Hi,
I opened the access cover and there was about a gallon of water that i was able to shop vac out. Under the trap was where most of the moisture was. Now a new concern, i am not sure how long the water has been sitting down there. Any need to be overly concerned. Doesnt smell moldy or musty, just wondering if i need to be concerned. I left the access door opened so i can air dry as well.
Nsopti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:51 PM   #6

Ours was leaking from the sky light. The dome has cracks where the screws go into the roof.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
niedobry1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, show, shower