Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2019, 07:36 AM   #1

Slide Out Question

Morning All,

I’m not looking for an issue but I’m paranoid about the slide outs on my 2016 30 DS.

While I’ve had no issues in the 3 years I have owned it ( knocking on wood), this past weekend which was our first weekend out I noticed that the motor noise on the living room slide out seemed a little louder.

I checked the rollers on the bottom, they were clean and unobstructed, I checked and lubed the cables as well.

Question , for the most part was there any advanced warning that the slide out motor was going to those who had issues and if anything, what can I check. Also, does a louder motor mean anything.

Thank
You
Edmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:52 AM   #2

Are each of your 8 cables (4 in and 4 out) properly tensioned. 1” of up/down deflection is what they are suppose to have. Just one cable not properly tensioned will put excess stress on the motor. Not good for the actuator gearbox either.
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:46 AM   #3

When my bedroom slide motor went out, there was a grinding noise and the slide started jerking.

The living room, no noise or any type of warning it was going to fail.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by leisurelarry View Post
Are each of your 8 cables (4 in and 4 out) properly tensioned. 1” of up/down deflection is what they are suppose to have. Just one cable not properly tensioned will put excess stress on the motor. Not good for the actuator gearbox either.

I just got a 2020 fr3 30 ds when the living room slide is in the bottom cable behind the driver seat is bowed inward in the middle it touches the slide, every time you hit a bump in the road it makes a slapping noise almost like a fly swatter hitting a table, if I pull a cloth between the cable and the slide the noise stoppers when you hit a bump... what do you mean when you say (1" of up/down deflection is what they are suppose to have)
Thanks in advance Rod.
Rodne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodne View Post
I just got a 2020 fr3 30 ds when the living room slide is in the bottom cable behind the driver seat is bowed inward in the middle it touches the slide, every time you hit a bump in the road it makes a slapping noise almost like a fly swatter hitting a table, if I pull a cloth between the cable and the slide the noise stoppers when you hit a bump... what do you mean when you say (1" of up/down deflection is what they are suppose to have)
Thanks in advance Rod.
From the Bal/Norco service manual.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0402.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	206191
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out