Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2019, 01:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCD View Post
Thank you for your reply...great information and very thorough. I will definitely start checking the cable tension in the manner you discussed. As for the gear box and the kit you mentioned. Do you have the part number(s) of these items? If available, I may order the gearbox while on the road and hope it arrives be the time I get home. I would like to be able to quick turn the RV for a different trip. Once again, thanks for the info.

The kit number is 225008. That includes the motor 68ZY, motor mounting bracket 854291, gearbox actuator R25076 and flex drive shaft 854769. This is the compact high torque motor kit, 3/16 drive. It comes preassembled but can easily be disassembled to use any of the individual parts. Whether your buying the kit or an individual gearbox actuator, make sure you get an updated version with a serial number above 180xxxxxx. Now that I finally have both of my slides running quietly and efficiently, I’ll probably never need it, but at least I’ll have it if I do.

Attachment 1

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0433.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	206514Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0080.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	206515
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:42 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by leisurelarry View Post
The kit number is 225008. That includes the motor 68ZY, motor mounting bracket 854291, gearbox actuator R25076 and flex drive shaft 854769. This is the compact high torque motor kit, 3/16 drive. It comes preassembled but can easily be disassembled to use any of the individual parts. Whether your buying the kit or an individual gearbox actuator, make sure you get an updated version with a serial number above 180xxxxxx. Now that I finally have both of my slides running quietly and efficiently, I’ll probably never need it, but at least I’ll have it if I do.

Attachment 1

Attachment 206514Attachment 206515

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0080.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	406.3 KB
ID:	206516
Picture of the old gearbox actuator where you can actually see the case splitting apart. The new ones have a more heavy duty seam.

Attachment 1

The kit as sold and packaged from Amazon.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:12 PM   #23

Since this thread is almost a year old now, I wonder how the "Original Post" came out. Was it a bad motor...or was it the gear box ? The world may never know.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Since this thread is almost a year old now, I wonder how the "Original Post" came out. Was it a bad motor...or was it the gear box ? The world may never know.

From the description of the original problem, sounds like a motor or wiring since there was no grinding or slide movement.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:14 AM   #25

Make sure the coach is level before you open the slides !!!!
Frameman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide