Old 06-19-2018, 11:36 PM   #1

Slideout won't go out

Hello... I just bought a 2014 FR3 25DS, got it home and now the bedroom slideout won't go out. The other slide works fine. When I hit the button, I hear a click but no motor sound. I checked the fuse and it is good. Any ideas? Thanks.

dwightmatheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:59 AM   #2

When you continue pressing, any other noise than just a click? Also, make sure the engine is off, slides wont operate as a safety measure.

If it's the motor, the gears inside the gearbox are probably stripped. It has happened to a lot of us. Not a huge deal (unless you just left for a trip).

See picture. Best to order the part and do yourself, or a mobile repair service. No need to have it at a dealer for weeks for a 2 hour fix...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slide001.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	176616  

DutchRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:42 AM   #3

slide

if you hear a click its could be a problem with relay on motor. or power going to re lay . we had this problem on front slide. wires were loose had to push relay plug back on. they are next to motor a real pain to get to with slide in.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20171021_103928.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	176632   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171021_103746.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	176633  
Carl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:51 PM   #4

Key is in ignition.

What I always forget.

You, Maybe the same?
repsolgamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:33 PM   #5

I definitely tried the key thing... tried the engine key in all positions. The other slide works fine

After I press the button to open the slide, I just hear a click and then nothing else after that. So, maybe it's an electrical issue or the motor just died. I will take apart the stuff above the bed so I can look at the relays.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:49 PM   #6

shop for a year

my fr3 32ds (2017) in the shop for a year I just borrow my mh on weekends
what the hell!!
rajeevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 05:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevan View Post
my fr3 32ds (2017) in the shop for a year I just borrow my mh on weekends
what the hell!!
A YEAR???? I would have the full purchase amount back in the bank FOR SURE.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:20 AM   #8

I had the same problem with my fr3 2015 it was the gear box replaced works well now.
polishapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:01 AM   #9

Thanks everyone. While my Forest River dealer can't look at the RV for 8 weeks (!!!) I did find a repair shop who looked at it and confirmed that the motor is bad. They said it's getting power because I can hear the click, but that the motor is seized up.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightmatheny View Post
Thanks everyone. While my Forest River dealer can't look at the RV for 8 weeks (!!!) I did find a repair shop who looked at it and confirmed that the motor is bad. They said it's getting power because I can hear the click, but that the motor is seized up.
Please note there are 2 distinct parts to the motor assembly. The actual motor, and the gearbox. Most of us had the gears inside the gearbox strip, while the motor is still intact. If it's indeed the gearbox, the motor might not need replacement...
Old 06-30-2018, 06:13 PM   #11

In the picture that DutchRv posted you will see that the seam is opening up in the middle of the gearbox and that indicates that the interior gears are being pulled out of plumb. I am in the process of replacing my second gearbox on my 2015 30 DS.
LDStaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:37 AM   #12

We've had both gear boxes replaced in our 2015 30DS. Ugh

If you are only trying to push the slides out with battery power, you may try (a) plugging in your RV to shore power or (b) run your generator. This may provide enough voltage to move the slides.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:48 AM   #13
2017 FR3 DS30

Had same problem last week, but slider was out. As mentioned, relay connector was issue. Pushed all connectors in and solved problem. Click is relay, if hums motor/gearbox more likely. Can test motor by jumpering to fully charged battery to 2 wires from motor.
Eastonfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:21 AM   #14

Try backdriving the motor first to get it unseized. Should work like a charm for a while if backdriving works. It takes a lot for an electric motor to go out if it is sized correctly. Buy a gearbox to have on hand and wait for the current one to crap out and then replace it.
alexchuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:51 PM   #15

If your gearbox is bad, I would really like to get it from you. I have an idea on how to repair a bad gearbox with a misaligned gear and working on a simple addition to a NEW gearbox to make it last MUCH LONGER

Let me know if you want to part with it

Bob
Kentucky Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 03:54 PM   #16
JohnCD

Sorry to come in so late on this one but I am out on a trip 1,000+ miles from home and my 2016 30DS rear slide started doing the run/jump stagger when coming out. I pulled on it while the spouse extended it and we got it out...high probability we chipped a tooth in the gearbox. We then removed all contents from the wardrobe drawers, retracted the slide (fortunately) and will continue the rest of the trip without walk-around or drawer storage just so that we can get home. I lifted the mattress and bed support plank but still have no idea where exactly the motor/gearbox are located and how to access. The picture in an earlier reply is great but it doesn't explain how to access. Can someone please explain to me how the H3!! I am suppose to access these parts.

Hoping for a response. Thanks, John

2016 FR3 30DS
2015 Wrangler JK Unlimited
JohnCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 11:20 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCD View Post
Sorry to come in so late on this one but I am out on a trip 1,000+ miles from home and my 2016 30DS rear slide started doing the run/jump stagger when coming out. I pulled on it while the spouse extended it and we got it out...high probability we chipped a tooth in the gearbox. We then removed all contents from the wardrobe drawers, retracted the slide (fortunately) and will continue the rest of the trip without walk-around or drawer storage just so that we can get home. I lifted the mattress and bed support plank but still have no idea where exactly the motor/gearbox are located and how to access. The picture in an earlier reply is great but it doesn't explain how to access. Can someone please explain to me how the H3!! I am suppose to access these parts.

Hoping for a response. Thanks, John

The motor and gear box actuator are located above the bed behind the trim piece at the ceiling. There are 3 square head screws which are hidden under little plastic covers. Remove them and the screws and the trim piece will literally fall into your hands so be careful. You will also see all 8 cables and the two chains which mesh with the two gears on top of the motor actuator. I have the same model only 1 year older than yours. I recently replaced the gearbox actuator as it was doing the same thing as yours. The interior gears were fine, but the casing was separating and causing the interior gears to not mesh with each other. I talked to Michelle at Norco, she is the Accuslide tech and she knew exactly what was wrong when I described the problem. You can actually see a small separation in the split casing which causes the problem in the older model gearboxes. They are very aware of it. The gearbox actuator I replaced it with had a much higher serial number on it and was built much beefier especially at the split of the case. I bought my replacement on eBay as Amazon didnít have any at the time I needed it. After I replaced it myself, I found the motor, gearbox actuator and g
Frame being sold as a kit on Amazon and for a very good price so I bought it as a spare. The whole thing about keeping these slide rooms running smoothly and not burning up motors and tearing up gearboxes is maintaining the proper tension on the 8 cables on each slide. The cables when fully exposed either in or out should have a 1Ē deflection up and down when pulling on them. If they donít, you will have problems with the slide moving in/out crooked and thus causing undo stress on the motor, acuator gearbox and the cables. Iíve learned the hard way with both slides and have replaced the motors and gearbox actuators on both and am constantly checking my cables now.
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:40 AM   #18
JohnCD

Thank you for your reply...great information and very thorough. I will definitely start checking the cable tension in the manner you discussed. As for the gear box and the kit you mentioned. Do you have the part number(s) of these items? If available, I may order the gearbox while on the road and hope it arrives be the time I get home. I would like to be able to quick turn the RV for a different trip. Once again, thanks for the info.

2016 FR3 30DS
2015 Wrangler JK Unlimited
JohnCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:06 AM   #19

Slideout won't go out

As soon as we got home from a trip, my living room slide decided to not go out anymore. It moves out about 6Ē and then I hear the ratcheting sound and stops. So I ordered the R25076 gearbox. But somehow I need to get the slide out in order to replace the gearbox. Any ideas? Is this a manual push out?

I have a 2015 30 ds. Already replaced the bedroom gearbox last year.
Harleyreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:49 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyreb View Post
As soon as we got home from a trip, my living room slide decided to not go out anymore. I ordered the R25076 gearbox. But somehow I need to get the slide out. Any ideas? Is this a manual push out?

I have a 2015 30 ds. Already replaced the bedroom gearbox last year.
Look at my thread:
Stuck in my Driveway with a dead living room slide motor

Do not try to push on it out! My bedroom was stuck out at a campground while still under warranty. Left side pulley and the motor ripped off the wall.

Name:	Bedroom slide pulley 20170724_101532.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	206494

Name:	Bedroom slide motor 20170724_101525.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	253.5 KB
ID:	206495

Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote