Old 04-13-2019, 08:59 PM   #1

Small outside doors

I am a newbie to the fr3. I have had a south wind for years and we also have a 4 year old palomino made by forest river. The out side kitchen has delaminated. The door doesn’t look that bad but you can tell in a certain light it has a warble. I was cleaning my new fr3 after the winter and thought it might be a good idea to drill water relief holes in the bottom of all the basement doors. I will store the unit outside all winter and am wondering if you all have any problems with the doors? Or has anyone drilled holes in the bottom of there doors. The dealer said it was the cure for my palomino!

Iankerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:11 PM   #2

No problems with my 2015 30DS outside doors. But I have noticed that the door on the outside TV has weep holes in the bottom of it. I haven't looked at the rest of them.

leisurelarry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 03:27 PM   #3

Small outside doors

I upgraded my locks to stainless round key locks and when I did I adjusted the latch to ensure the doors would sit tight to the seal. As long as the lock latch is locked the doors sit just inside the frame and I get no problems. A few weeks ago got a tool from the door next to the battery compartment and did not re lock it. It rained and the next day the compartment was wet.

2014 FR30DS
Technorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 06:49 PM   #4

Of thanks good to know
Iankerr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door