Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2015, 12:57 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoRick View Post
Keep trying, this is peak season so everyone is busy.
X2 To put it in common terms... this time of year is kind of like Christmas day. Things'll settle down in a couple three weeks.

Keep riding CW. Camp outside the work bays if need be.
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:02 PM   #22

I apologize if I didn't make it clear before. I only mean the CW in Akron, Ohio. I have no experience with others and have heard that other CW's provide good service.
And I am member of Good Sam, I will buy certain items from them on line.

The poor customer service at the CW in Akron is probably due to the same people running it before it (Sirpilla) was bought by CW.

Not sure what thread it was in, but there was an open letter posted from the owner or CEO of CW where he said he believed that the folks complaining about CW are a minority making the loudest noise. He thinks there isn't a problem there.

I'm still surprised that when you leave email and voice mail over a two week period, telling them you want to purchase something and pay them to install it, they don't even return the call. I have never seen a business run like this one.

The good news in all this for me, is that I know not to go there for service, so they can't "burn" me.
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:19 PM   #23

Send a letter to Trailer Life Magazine explaining all your problems and frustration with FR and CW, Ohio . They usually settle problems with the manufacturer and dealers. If they are unscrupulous and don't care every one reading will stay away from them and they'll go out of business. Maybe their even reading these posts and will breakdown and help you.
#1-18' Nomad #2- 20' Mallard #3- 27' Sunline #4- Four Winds C #5- Innsbruck 40' PARK # 6- 28' Amerilite #7- Forest River 26.5 FW ( 1st FW)
SULTINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:33 PM   #24

I would ask for a refund for the prep inspection. I would say it like this. Due to the fact that you had inspected the unit prior to me taking delivery of your unit. I have so many issues with the unit that was not repairs prior to delivery and only one time use. I had to bring it back to you and have it repaired. I feel that the inspector never performed it. I demand a refund in full. I would also contact the BBB and file a complaint with them. I truly hate going to RV dealer's. They have a careless attitude. I worked as mechanic for 36 years. I never worked for anyone who would treat customers this poorly. I know some people may be unreasonable, but good business would be treat all people as you want to be treated.
jimmyt11664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:48 PM   #25
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

As most of you know, Marcus Lemonis is President and CEO of Camping World AND Good Sam. Interesting how he feels that there are no problems at CW (true, not all are bad). Just saying, if you have a problem at CW, let him know.
marcusvip@campingworldrv.com
marcusvip@goodsamfamily.com

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:54 PM   #26

From my experience with several Camping Worlds acoss the midwest sevice wise... you're as likely to come across Big Foot as you are a good CW.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:52 PM   #27

Well I am happy to report that I just received two calls from F.R. from two seperate reps from F.R. They told me that they are upset to hear what happened and they have no control over CW. However they will mail out a replacement lock and key set for my FR3. I do believe that posting on this forum had something to do with the quick response. Since I posted this today. After waiting , any rate thanks F.R.
philv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:03 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
... you're as likely to come across Big Foot as you are a good CW.
Well, duh! Everyone knows big foot lives in the Pacific Northwest.
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:16 PM   #29

When I bought my Rockwood 2703ws, my local CW was not interested in the sale. I bought my 2703ws form RVone 45 miles away in Dover Florida. No charge for the three hour PDI. I have had three warranty issues and they have sent a mobile service unit out for the repairs; (broken lamp, awning switch and door lock). They have earned any future business I have even though I can look out my business window and see my local CW.
Rockwoodjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:06 PM   #30

F.R has been great with us, but numerous folks have bad problems with CW
ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:05 PM   #31

Another thought would be to plan to drive it to the Goshen Rally and get the warranty issues taken care of by FR there...if you can spare the time and the issues don't prevent you from driving. Good luck
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:19 PM   #32
RetiredRVer

Thumbs up

If you haven't already, don't forget to apply for your 2nd year of warranty coverage. It is $150, but considering the problems everyone seems to have with FR products, it's probably a good idea. I bought it and have used it this year already. My Heritage Glen is only 18 months old and we have had far too many problems. But, each was handled with the warranty.
checkmate99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:02 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Don't know about F.R. but it does sound like Camping World
Forest river has a dealer network so customers can deal with dealers rather than forest river directly. Is the most efficient way to do business. Chevy, Ford and other manufactures do the same thing. Don't do business with camping world if you don't like their service. There are plenty of other forest river dealers who would love to help you.

If my car needs warranty work I find a chevy dealer, I know if I called chevrolet headquarters they would direct me back to a dealer; if they even talked to me at all.
iowasparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:24 PM   #34

Napp Brothers in Lorain will help you. I have had no issues contacting FR.
oh2015fr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:35 PM   #35

FR Quality Control

Purchased a 2011 new XLR TH 30 X 14 with a recliner in the garage area. The first time I sat in it the arm fell off. Got brushed off by FR and then again by Lippert. These kind of problems and much worse appear far too often in this and other venues. If I owned FR I would be questioning the Quality Control Department managers in every facility as there is no excuse for the number of problems that are clearly manufacturing defects. Dealing with all these complaints is surly costing FR millions. Again there is no excuse for these problems and if I were in charge there would be some QC heads rolling right out the door.
robert.beck.7737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 12:02 AM   #36

Quality Control

There is no excuse for poor service! The "busy season" comes around every year. To me the solution is simple enough..explore other products. FR is not deserving of my business. There are many products available and the manufacturers should be proactive. I am seeing more and more comments every week that suggest FR should regroup and examine their QC process. The competition will capitalize on FR carcass if this continues.
The Villager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 03:46 AM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate99 View Post
If you haven't already, don't forget to apply for your 2nd year of warranty coverage. It is $150, but considering the problems everyone seems to have with FR products, it's probably a good idea. I bought it and have used it this year already.
The OP has a motorhome.

The 2nd year factory warranty is only available on towables.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 07:29 AM   #38

I purchased a new Catalyst from Bob Ledfords last year. After several trips I too had a number of problems with the unit. From a kitchen slide that detached itself from the frame to a water pump that didn't know when to quit, the list got longer and longer. I fixed what I could and finally returned it to the dealer the week before last Christmas. Long story short - just got it back last week. Ledfords went through 3 service managers during my RV's vacation and I can't tell you how many parts were ordered multiple times before the correct ones were sent by FR. I know all of this requires patience. And pre-camping season is the worst time. My suggestion is fix what you can, use it during the season, and get it repaired completely during the off season. And PRAY.
spineadjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 07:40 AM   #39
ARLO

$995 for prep?? The unit should be delivered fit for use as intended. You should not have to pay for them to repair anything on a new unit. I have never paid a dime for prep or repairs pre-delivery. If they insisted on a prep fee IO walked out of the showroom and bought elsewhere.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 07:45 AM   #40
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlocicero View Post
$995 for prep?? The unit should be delivered fit for use as intended. You should not have to pay for them to repair anything on a new unit. I have never paid a dime for prep or repairs pre-delivery. If they insisted on a prep fee IO walked out of the showroom and bought elsewhere.
Agree, but this is all after the fact. Feel for the OP, but no need to rub salt in the wound.