Old 05-15-2015, 12:57 PM   #21
Originally Posted by ColoradoRick View Post
Keep trying, this is peak season so everyone is busy.
X2 To put it in common terms... this time of year is kind of like Christmas day. Things'll settle down in a couple three weeks.

Keep riding CW. Camp outside the work bays if need be.

rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:02 PM   #22
I apologize if I didn't make it clear before. I only mean the CW in Akron, Ohio. I have no experience with others and have heard that other CW's provide good service.
And I am member of Good Sam, I will buy certain items from them on line.

The poor customer service at the CW in Akron is probably due to the same people running it before it (Sirpilla) was bought by CW.

Not sure what thread it was in, but there was an open letter posted from the owner or CEO of CW where he said he believed that the folks complaining about CW are a minority making the loudest noise. He thinks there isn't a problem there.

I'm still surprised that when you leave email and voice mail over a two week period, telling them you want to purchase something and pay them to install it, they don't even return the call. I have never seen a business run like this one.

The good news in all this for me, is that I know not to go there for service, so they can't "burn" me.

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:19 PM   #23
Send a letter to Trailer Life Magazine explaining all your problems and frustration with FR and CW, Ohio . They usually settle problems with the manufacturer and dealers. If they are unscrupulous and don't care every one reading will stay away from them and they'll go out of business. Maybe their even reading these posts and will breakdown and help you.
2010 FORD F 150 5.4
#1-18' Nomad #2- 20' Mallard #3- 27' Sunline #4- Four Winds C #5- Innsbruck 40' PARK # 6- 28' Amerilite #7- Forest River 26.5 FW ( 1st FW)
SULTINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:33 PM   #24
I would ask for a refund for the prep inspection. I would say it like this. Due to the fact that you had inspected the unit prior to me taking delivery of your unit. I have so many issues with the unit that was not repairs prior to delivery and only one time use. I had to bring it back to you and have it repaired. I feel that the inspector never performed it. I demand a refund in full. I would also contact the BBB and file a complaint with them. I truly hate going to RV dealer's. They have a careless attitude. I worked as mechanic for 36 years. I never worked for anyone who would treat customers this poorly. I know some people may be unreasonable, but good business would be treat all people as you want to be treated.
jimmyt11664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:48 PM   #25
As most of you know, Marcus Lemonis is President and CEO of Camping World AND Good Sam. Interesting how he feels that there are no problems at CW (true, not all are bad). Just saying, if you have a problem at CW, let him know.
Smooth Roads, and, Drive 'em Safe

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:54 PM   #26
From my experience with several Camping Worlds acoss the midwest sevice wise... you're as likely to come across Big Foot as you are a good CW.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:52 PM   #27
Well I am happy to report that I just received two calls from F.R. from two seperate reps from F.R. They told me that they are upset to hear what happened and they have no control over CW. However they will mail out a replacement lock and key set for my FR3. I do believe that posting on this forum had something to do with the quick response. Since I posted this today. After waiting , any rate thanks F.R.
philv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:03 PM   #28
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
... you're as likely to come across Big Foot as you are a good CW.
Well, duh! Everyone knows big foot lives in the Pacific Northwest.
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:16 PM   #29
When I bought my Rockwood 2703ws, my local CW was not interested in the sale. I bought my 2703ws form RVone 45 miles away in Dover Florida. No charge for the three hour PDI. I have had three warranty issues and they have sent a mobile service unit out for the repairs; (broken lamp, awning switch and door lock). They have earned any future business I have even though I can look out my business window and see my local CW.
Rockwoodjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:06 PM   #30
F.R has been great with us, but numerous folks have bad problems with CW

ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote