Old 05-15-2015, 07:05 PM   #31

Another thought would be to plan to drive it to the Goshen Rally and get the warranty issues taken care of by FR there...if you can spare the time and the issues don't prevent you from driving. Good luck

2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:19 PM   #32
RetiredRVer

Thumbs up

If you haven't already, don't forget to apply for your 2nd year of warranty coverage. It is $150, but considering the problems everyone seems to have with FR products, it's probably a good idea. I bought it and have used it this year already. My Heritage Glen is only 18 months old and we have had far too many problems. But, each was handled with the warranty.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:02 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Don't know about F.R. but it does sound like Camping World
Forest river has a dealer network so customers can deal with dealers rather than forest river directly. Is the most efficient way to do business. Chevy, Ford and other manufactures do the same thing. Don't do business with camping world if you don't like their service. There are plenty of other forest river dealers who would love to help you.

If my car needs warranty work I find a chevy dealer, I know if I called chevrolet headquarters they would direct me back to a dealer; if they even talked to me at all.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:24 PM   #34

Napp Brothers in Lorain will help you. I have had no issues contacting FR.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:35 AM   #35

FR Quality Control

Purchased a 2011 new XLR TH 30 X 14 with a recliner in the garage area. The first time I sat in it the arm fell off. Got brushed off by FR and then again by Lippert. These kind of problems and much worse appear far too often in this and other venues. If I owned FR I would be questioning the Quality Control Department managers in every facility as there is no excuse for the number of problems that are clearly manufacturing defects. Dealing with all these complaints is surly costing FR millions. Again there is no excuse for these problems and if I were in charge there would be some QC heads rolling right out the door.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:02 AM   #36

Quality Control

There is no excuse for poor service! The "busy season" comes around every year. To me the solution is simple enough..explore other products. FR is not deserving of my business. There are many products available and the manufacturers should be proactive. I am seeing more and more comments every week that suggest FR should regroup and examine their QC process. The competition will capitalize on FR carcass if this continues.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:46 AM   #37
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate99 View Post
If you haven't already, don't forget to apply for your 2nd year of warranty coverage. It is $150, but considering the problems everyone seems to have with FR products, it's probably a good idea. I bought it and have used it this year already.
The OP has a motorhome.

The 2nd year factory warranty is only available on towables.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:29 AM   #38

I purchased a new Catalyst from Bob Ledfords last year. After several trips I too had a number of problems with the unit. From a kitchen slide that detached itself from the frame to a water pump that didn't know when to quit, the list got longer and longer. I fixed what I could and finally returned it to the dealer the week before last Christmas. Long story short - just got it back last week. Ledfords went through 3 service managers during my RV's vacation and I can't tell you how many parts were ordered multiple times before the correct ones were sent by FR. I know all of this requires patience. And pre-camping season is the worst time. My suggestion is fix what you can, use it during the season, and get it repaired completely during the off season. And PRAY.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:40 AM   #39
ARLO

$995 for prep?? The unit should be delivered fit for use as intended. You should not have to pay for them to repair anything on a new unit. I have never paid a dime for prep or repairs pre-delivery. If they insisted on a prep fee IO walked out of the showroom and bought elsewhere.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:45 AM   #40
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlocicero View Post
$995 for prep?? The unit should be delivered fit for use as intended. You should not have to pay for them to repair anything on a new unit. I have never paid a dime for prep or repairs pre-delivery. If they insisted on a prep fee IO walked out of the showroom and bought elsewhere.
Agree, but this is all after the fact. Feel for the OP, but no need to rub salt in the wound.