Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2015, 09:16 AM   #1

Someone , anyone, Please call me !

I have been trying to talk to someone from F.R. since last Friday morning. (thats one whole week) The first person I spoke with told me to have a nice day and hung up on me. The second person put me to voice mail. The third person as well. I have left a ton of voice mail - email etc. Why won't anyone call me back.
I purchased a new FR-3 used it once have had several problems with it. Spent $995.00 at Camping World so they could prep it and check it out. Left it there for 6 weeks for them to do that. Like I said, used it once and have a list of defects etc. From being locked out ,to Camera's not working, Bunk fell down etc, etc, etc. Can't get it in to Camping world until June 22nd. Then told will have to get approval and wait for parts for 4-6 weeks.
F.R. will not call me back.
Is this the way F.R. and Camping world does business.
No excuse for this.
philv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:40 AM   #2

My dealer resolved all but one of the issues I had. I did contact FR a few times regarding the other issue. Although I did not get them to cover the other issue I never had trouble contacting them and was always treated professionally. Hope you get your issues resolved.
rsscully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:41 AM   #3

Thank you; rsscully.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by philv View Post
I have been trying to talk to someone from F.R. since last Friday morning. (thats one whole week) The first person I spoke with told me to have a nice day and hung up on me. The second person put me to voice mail. The third person as well. I have left a ton of voice mail - email etc. Why won't anyone call me back.
I purchased a new FR-3 used it once have had several problems with it. Spent $995.00 at Camping World so they could prep it and check it out. Left it there for 6 weeks for them to do that. Like I said, used it once and have a list of defects etc. From being locked out ,to Camera's not working, Bunk fell down etc, etc, etc. Can't get it in to Camping world until June 22nd. Then told will have to get approval and wait for parts for 4-6 weeks.
No excuse for this.
I wouldn't say FR does business like that but CW yes. If I paid $995.00 for preinspection, I would demand them to repair it now.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:59 AM   #5

The process for getting things repaired at the dealer was about 3 weeks for me. The dealer had to get approval from FR to warranty the items that needed fixed. After approval the dealer then had to order some of the parts to fix the items in question. Then once they received approval and the parts they fixed it in a few days. Unfortunately this is a busy time of year to have anything worked on. It's just a slow process.

If it was a repair not under warranty and you authorized the payment from the onset then the process would be much faster.
rsscully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:07 AM   #6

I have had good luck working with Travis Bird at FR. His number is 574-206-7635 and his email is tbird@forestriverinc.com. If he doesn't answer leave him a voice mail and he will call back.
Harley2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:12 AM   #7

I understand your frustration. Some dealers are difficult to deal with.
Remember that Forest River does not own or run this site. We're just a bunch of owners that gather here to share information and fellowship
2017 Ford F350 Crewcab Dually Diesel
Officially homeless and loving it.
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Indymule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:42 AM   #8
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Travis Bird is the Warranty Manager for the FR3. If your coach is still under warranty contact him at; tbird@forestriverinc.com or 574-206-7635.

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:46 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Keep trying, this is peak season so everyone is busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:51 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by philv View Post
No excuse for this.
Don't know about F.R. but it does sound like Camping World
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:55 AM   #11
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Mike.t...... Nice deuce!!

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:55 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoRick View Post
Keep trying, this is peak season so everyone is busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Peak season? For things to break under warranty or people getting things done so they can go RVing.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:05 PM   #13

Try Jerry Miller, he has helped me! 574-825-5950
Hossfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:07 PM   #14

You're learning what I already learned about CW in Akron.....stay away from there if you can. They don't even return voice messages when you want to spend money there. If you go down there to the service department, the first thing they say is an automatic 4 to 6 weeks. I don't care if it's putting air in your tire. 4-6 weeks.

If you don't mind the drive, you can call JTS (Jims Trailer Sales) in Grafton, Ohio. He is a Forest River dealer and may handle your warranty work.

I love my coach and if I were to do it over again, I would search for another dealer with the same coach, and not buy from CW.
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:16 PM   #15

Just my 2 cents, but I don't believe it's fair to lump all CWs, together. I've seen it a few times here. I purchased my FR3 from CW, and have had nothing but excellent service from them, along with them contacting and working with FR in correcting problems, in and out of warranty. Perhaps naming the specific CW would be more appropriate, and then, FR3 owners can shy away from that specific CW if they choose, and not be in fear of all of them. Again, just my experience and thoughts I'm sharing.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:25 PM   #16

Thanks for the advise and suggestions. Will try those phone numbers. I guess just frustrated with F.R. for the first call where the guy hung up on me for no reason and noone calling me back. Upset at CW and the way they have dealt with this. I have had very poor service with this particular dealership. Feel that since they did not do what they were suppose to do for the $995.00 they should make an exception and remidy the situation. I also feel that since this is a safety concern about not being able to get out of the door I would expect a quicker service date then June 22nd. But thanks everyone.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:29 PM   #17

Yes, KennyGolub, you hit the nail on the head without me even saying it. KsWhoDat. You are correct...It is CW of Akron, Ohio.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:33 PM   #18

It figures

CW reputation precedes it. We had a unit on there for close to 3 months nothing major and they still did not finish or get it right. I rate cw right under a toddler with a crow bar. You were just a sale to them they have no expect ion that you will come back. Never mind that you may upgrade at some point. We are on unit 4. I do have a lifetime membership. Got at half off during a grand opening event. I do have good SAMs for roadside stuff. We do get stuff from the stores. I will never buy from them or take a unit for repairs. Marcus L seems on bent on getting bigger and screw the customer. There are always more and he is intent on being the only game in town.
happywhencamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:40 PM   #19

You might try posting on rv.net, which is sponsored by CW. While I am not suggesting it will get results, they do have a rapid response team that may try and follow up with your concerns.

Again, not suggesting it will fix anything...but sometimes it helps to at least have a voice on the other end.
RooVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:44 PM   #20

Not all CWs are poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsWhoDat View Post
Just my 2 cents, but I don't believe it's fair to lump all CWs, together. I've seen it a few times here. I purchased my FR3 from CW, and have had nothing but excellent service from them, along with them contacting and working with FR in correcting problems, in and out of warranty. Perhaps naming the specific CW would be more appropriate, and then, FR3 owners can shy away from that specific CW if they choose, and not be in fear of all of them. Again, just my experience and thoughts I'm sharing.
We have had great service from our CW in San Marcos, CA. Jerome is my go-to guy for arranging service. I also think it all depends upon which facility you use. Sadly, CW headquarters is not doing a good job of managing all their facilities. and insisting that that customer comes first.
wildwoodtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote