Old 11-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #1

Split Bathroom dilemma

The FR30 appears to have a great floor plan. The issue I have is the shower in the hallway. When you have guests overnight someone could be in the shower while others are in the toilet area and bedroom. Awkward situation would arise unless you police the area with closed hallways and no go zones. This would be our first purchase. Am I viewing this as a problem that does not exist?

Old 11-01-2014, 04:10 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadbay View Post
The FR30 appears to have a great floor plan. The issue I have is the shower in the hallway. When you have guests overnight someone could be in the shower while others are in the toilet area and bedroom. Awkward situation would arise unless you police the area with closed hallways and no go zones. This would be our first purchase. Am I viewing this as a problem that does not exist?
I didn't look up the floor plan for the FR30 but depending on how often you have overnight guests you might try having some sort of a plan for showers. Seeing is someone needs anything from the restroom before you closed the area temporary can be a good reminder (aka warning) too.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:06 PM   #3
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Best thing you can do is to work things out with the over nighters. There's a sliding door that would close off the bath area from the kitchen/sitting area. You may also want to add a curtain to close the bedroom from the shower area. The door from the toilet also can be used to close off the bedroom.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:58 PM   #4

for those of us that grew up in a one bathroom house, this is not a problem. you ask everyone if they need the bathroom and announce you are taking a shower and then shut the slider (to block off the living room) open the bathroom door (to block off the bedroom) then scrub away.

2014 JEEP WRANGLER WILLYS
Bobb36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:30 AM   #5

The door from the toilet swings open to lock in two brackets..and shuts let bedroom off from the bathrroo
Old 03-18-2015, 06:36 AM   #6

I feel the layout of the FR3's shower and bathroom with the pocket door and swing out door makes for a bigger bathroom area. This is my 3rd motorhome and my 1st one I bought new. I really like my FR3 30DS.

Jenny (FR3/30DS)
Old 03-19-2015, 09:07 PM   #7

It is so funny how different folks like different things. I think the hallway shower-bath is kind of strange. But I was under strict orders from my other half that I could buy anything new I wanted as long as it had the same hallway shower-bath arrangement as the old Winnebago. For me the pocket door and bathroom open-door lock arrangement was a major selling point for the FR3. It makes a large and very private bath and dressing area when you connect the shower and bath by opening the bath door and closing the pocket door. We only travel with the two of us (and sometimes our best friend) and taking turns has never been a problem. Winnebago and Itasca use this arrangement in several models.

RVs are never really big places with privacy. It is always a jigsaw puzzle of use vs stowing and taking turns. Part of the charm of tiny living.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:16 AM   #8

Right on.

Jenny (FR3/30DS)

Tags
roo