Old 07-27-2016, 11:06 AM   #11

Short of a hovercraft RV I don't think it will ever drive the way we want. Even that it will drift. RV or money pit? I've learned they are the same. Oh what fun we have trying to tweak this ride. I would do it all over again though. Glutton for punishment I guess.

Oh yeah. Pixelbum1 You can never be "OVER EDUCATED" but some do lose their common sense!

Days Camped 2015 56
Days Camped 2016 121 and counting
DavidMPDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:48 PM   #12

Before I spent any money, I did the CHF. That was two years ago. After that, I decided I didn't need any of the other items.

Old 07-27-2016, 03:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiter21 View Post
Before I spent any money, I did the CHF. That was two years ago. After that, I decided I didn't need any of the other items.
I plan on the CHF but that's not going to fix the harsh front end.... At least I don't think it will... I'm looking to first fix that brutal front end then I'll work on the back...
Next year when I run through California, I know from the many times I've ran I-5 how bad it is in places... there and Utah from Ogden to Provo was incredibly bad... new freeways with one of the worst bridge expansion joints and freeway systems I've driven on.
Days Camped 30
twojump36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMPDK View Post
Short of a hovercraft RV I don't think it will ever drive the way we want. Even that it will drift. RV or money pit? I've learned they are the same. Oh what fun we have trying to tweak this ride. I would do it all over again though. Glutton for punishment I guess.

Oh yeah. Pixelbum1 You can never be "OVER EDUCATED" but some do lose their common sense!

10-4! We all have heard the term Educated Idiots, right? Pretty much akin to what you stated above. Echhhh...must be a Liberal "thing"? Drive
safe! -pb
Old 07-27-2016, 06:06 PM   #15

Two jump, how much air is in you fronts? In the spring the guys at the oil change place pumped mine up to 100. I thought the camper was going to come apart. They are supposed to be at 83 on mine.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLAK View Post
Two jump, how much air is in you fronts? In the spring the guys at the oil change place pumped mine up to 100. I thought the camper was going to come apart. They are supposed to be at 83 on mine.
That's a good point... I have no idea really... but I thought my teeth were going to fall out of my head.

My wife actually had to go to sleep on the couch for most of the trip because she couldn't take it any longer.

Over inflated tires could be the reason for some of it...

I'll check it out and report...
Days Camped 30
Old 07-27-2016, 07:10 PM   #17

The following link should take you to my posting November 2015 relative to the suspension changes on our 2016 FR3 30DS including photos which included Safety-t-plus, Henderson rear trac bar, Road Master aux rear sway bar and Sumo Springs. Glad we did all 4 items and rides great. Our son and family are doing a tour of the 48 continues states and now have traveled 17,000 miles since January. They will end their trip mid-December and return to their home in Australia. Our son says that the FR3 handles great and is a pleasure to drive.

Suspension Once Again

Jim Wiemels

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 07-28-2016, 09:44 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wiemels View Post
The following link should take you to my posting November 2015 relative to the suspension changes on our 2016 FR3 30DS including photos which included Safety-t-plus, Henderson rear trac bar, Road Master aux rear sway bar and Sumo Springs. Glad we did all 4 items and rides great. Our son and family are doing a tour of the 48 continues states and now have traveled 17,000 miles since January. They will end their trip mid-December and return to their home in Australia. Our son says that the FR3 handles great and is a pleasure to drive.

Suspension Once Again

Jim Wiemels

That sounds like an awesome road trip your son is on....
Did you have a really harsh and jolting sensation in the front suspension?... like the shocks don't have any rebound?
Days Camped 30
Old 07-28-2016, 09:59 AM   #19

The last addition I made to our FR3 was the addition of the Sumo Springs and the main reason was the harsh front end ride on poor roads. I believe that the Sumo Springs made the most significant change of all the improvements and a dramatic improvement on ride quality especially front end. I had direct communication with the engineers on selecting the right Sumo Springs especially the rear where the FR3 has a welded bracket on right rear that affects the positioning of the SumoSpring brackets. If you have any other questions just let me know.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:38 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wiemels View Post
The last addition I made to our FR3 was the addition of the Sumo Springs and the main reason was the harsh front end ride on poor roads. I believe that the Sumo Springs made the most significant change of all the improvements and a dramatic improvement on ride quality especially front end. I had direct communication with the engineers on selecting the right Sumo Springs especially the rear where the FR3 has a welded bracket on right rear that affects the positioning of the SumoSpring brackets. If you have any other questions just let me know.

If you had the part numbers for the Sumo's you bought that might help me... Or your contact at Sumo. I hate ordering things over the phone with no real knowledge of what I'm asking for. Speaking to a technician would be great.
That bracket you speak of in the right rear could present a problem, since I'm planning on installing these myself.

Days Camped 30

Tags
suspension, upgrade