Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2015, 07:19 PM   #1

Tire pressure and tire size for Tyre Guards

Could someone please tell me the correct pressure to run in all six tires on the 2015 30Ds FR3? I have read the pressure readings on the tires, however I would like to know from experienced RV partners. The other question is should I go by the info on the tire when ordering Tyre Guards ?Thanks for all of your help in advance all of you Forum Members.
progolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:34 PM   #2

On my 2015 30DS, I run my 4 rear tires at the psi posted on the decal in the coach 82 psi. I run the fronts at 100 psi which is the recommended pressClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1439343227.113080.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	85373ure for those tires. I replaced the front Goodyears with Michelin motor home tires.
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 03:29 AM   #3

There is not one correct pressure advice for tires, there is a range in the pressure at wich no bumping and no damage done to rubber of tire by to much heatproduction driving at the maximum speed you use.

I am able to calculate that range if you give me some information.
Will give copy of text I used for other fora and topics, so I dont have to write it again and again.

Tirepressure advice is all about load on tire and speed ( and sometimes about alighnment - camber angle).

So if you can give details of car and tires , I can calculate an advice pressure with some reserve for things like, pressure-loss in time, unequall loading R/L, incidental extra load, misreadings of pressure scales,and misyudging of weight, etc.

This is from tires next and can be read from sidewall:
Maximum load or loadindex.
Kind of tire to determine the AT-pressure/pressure needed for the maximum load up to maximum speed of tire, or if lower 160km/99m/h/reference-pressure, wich is not the maximum pressure of tire.
Maximum speed of tire, most given as letter ( Q=160km/99m/h,N=140km/86m/h fi)
If you have offroad or tires looking like that , with large profile blocs that cover a part of sidewall, also mention, they are allowed lesser deflection then a normal road tire, then the tire maker used to determine the maximum load (to my conclusion the case for the Bridgestone tires on Ford Explorer in the Ford/Firestone affaire).
If you cant find all of it give sises of tire and Loadkind, then I will google for it.

From car next and mostly can be found on same plate as the original pressure advices:
GAWR and GVWR ( Gross Axle/Vehicle Weight Rating)
But best would be to determine the real weights in your use on seperate tires or estimate it as acurate as possible, by weighing per wheel(pair) or axle.
Maximum speed , you dont go over for even a minute in your use, eventually different for different situations, for instance when towing or fully loaded.This apart from trafic regulations, if you drive faster then allowed give that speed. Nature punnisches with tire-failure, police only with a penalty.
Give all that and I will calculate and give a picture of one of my filled in spreadsheets in my answer.
jadatis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, tire