Old 01-29-2016, 12:57 PM   #11
There is a manufacturing date molded into each tire. When purchasing tires, it would be wise to verify the date of mfg before having them installed. A good dealer will be happy to satisfy the request.

ABC did an investigation and found the some tires being sold as new were actually 10 years old. Yet, it is still legal to sell them as new. So, it is buyer beware.There have been several news investigations on tires. The attached article is well worth reading.

Local shops sell years old tires as new -

PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:14 PM   #12
Other reasons.

Originally Posted by Strigflag View Post
Just curious. Was this on a Ford Chassis? I noticed my 2013 MH (since traded in) pulling right. Fortunately I contacted the MFG and was told they would foot the bill for the alignment if the shop made any corrections. They did and I was reimbursed.
Just another example of the stellar Quality Control exhibited by RV MFG's
Pulling to one side may well be due to wheel alignment. Another may be a warped rotor or sticky caliper. To check for either of the later, lightly apply the brakes. It should pull in that direction, because the brakes are unevenly applied with the light brake pressure. If it is a rotor, you should feel a pulsing in the steering wheel, possibly even in normal driving.

GM light trucks in the 2008 era had a run of faulty front pads and rotors. On a normal stop, not too noticeable. Down hill braking with a load, it turned violent. As the rotors heated up, they warped causing the shaking. Though there was no recall, GM covered replacements.

PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote