Old 02-08-2016, 11:03 AM   #21

AC unit leaking

I have a forester 3011 which is similar to your fr3 accept it is C. I had an air conditioning leak also fortunately the AC unit had to be replaced. I went directly to Dometic to find authorized dealers in the area. When they replace the unit they found the original one was installed incorrectly. There was a wire under the seal that caused the leak. Also I deal directly with Forest River on all warranty problems.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:06 AM   #22

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Ford did in all likely hood, they are the ones who made the chassis, no!
No excuse. FR should verify that everything works before shipping.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:45 PM   #23
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_FR3 View Post
But still, Forest River is the name behind the product, regardless of who assembled it, in my mind, they are still the responsible party if something fails. its their problem to deal with Ford

You're absolutely correct Urban. While under the mfg. warranty, your first call should always be to FR.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:31 PM   #24
from Cali

I definitely need to try a new method for warranty repairs. I believe I've had every problem that has been mentioned on this forum and have been unable to get my dealer to fix anything since the first month. Now most things I am just preparing my self despite it being under manufactures warranty and having an expensive extended warranty. The last time I was into the dealer almost 3 months ago I'm on their list as soon as they have "room" to fix the latest list. I believe they are just stalling to let my year expire.

The sad thing is I really like my coach I just wish I wouldn't have bought it because of the service.

2015 FR3 30DS
Central Coast of California
RV Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:05 PM   #25

RV Pilot
I exactly how you feel. After taking my unit back to the dealer for repairs and having it come back worse than what I had before the work I decided to try one more avenue. I made a road trip to the FROG Rally in Goshen. I know it is disrupting to spend time off from your job to make this trip but I felt it was my last chance at resolving my issues. Most people will say this should be totally unnecessary. That might be true but I feel the relationship I was able to develop with the factory reps and the repairs that were made were well worth the trip. By the way the fellow RVers I met and the events my wife and I enjoyed were worth the cost by themselves. I think you would be pleasantly surprised if could make the Rally.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:23 PM   #26

Quote:
all manufactures are putting out units so fast and money coming in so quick that don't care about what they put out...
I agree. I purposefully looked a TTs in heavy rains & found new ones leaking badly whereas the (used) 2011 we eventually purchased was bone dry. The used unit also appeared to have better overall fit & finish compared to identical make/model new units. Therefore we bought the used unit & have had 2 years of trouble-free camping whereas friends who bought new spent their first year having warranty work done...
Days camped in 2015-37; Days camped in 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:09 PM   #27
from Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado2500HD View Post
RV Pilot
I exactly how you feel. After taking my unit back to the dealer for repairs and having it come back worse than what I had before the work I decided to try one more avenue. I made a road trip to the FROG Rally in Goshen. I know it is disrupting to spend time off from your job to make this trip but I felt it was my last chance at resolving my issues. Most people will say this should be totally unnecessary. That might be true but I feel the relationship I was able to develop with the factory reps and the repairs that were made were well worth the trip. By the way the fellow RVers I met and the events my wife and I enjoyed were worth the cost by themselves. I think you would be pleasantly surprised if could make the Rally.

Thanks, I will look into that. At minimum I think I will start communicating with the factory more. There's also another dealer only a few miles away so maybe I can try getting work done there? It just seems a little uncomfortable considering I did buy from them.

2015 FR3 30DS
RV Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:10 AM   #28

I know how you feel. I've had my FR3 for a little over a year now and here are just some of the problems I've had:
Motor for the steps failed and steps would not fully retract. That was fun driving that to the dealer for repair!

Had to have AC fuse moved as it was heating up and tripping the main breaker.

Over can bed motor failed.

Awning light switch on the dash fell off while driving. I looked like it was broke and someone tried to glue it on instead of replace.

Numerous trim pieces have fallen off while driving down the road.

Bedroom door latch had to be replaced because it wouldn't lock.

AC unit had to be replaced.

That's all that comes to mind right now, but it's certainly not all of the problems we've had. 5 trips to warranty repair in the first year seems excessive!

2015 FR3 30DS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-10-2016, 08:04 AM   #29

besides using inferior products, pushing out seven to eight of these a day (what I was told when at the factory) is the reason there is little to no quality, I have been waiting for the dealer to fix my stuff since last February, it is in the shop as we speak, we will see if they ordered the right stuff, they have tried to order the material to fix the cabinets three times and each time got it wrong

1. ceiling over dinette looks like a leak but is not wet (glue coming through)

2. ceiling in bathroom pealing

3. bubbling picture paper on cabinets

4. cabinets separating

5. cabinets pulling away from wall behind the stove

6. dinette bed collapsing, coming out to far

7. wallpaper around drivers seat window

8. potable water connection turning hose inside camper

9. new door hard to close

10. problems bedroom television

11. screen behind dinette not staying in place
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:20 AM   #30

When I bought my rig used in 2012 like most my warranty from the dealer was only 30 days. I stayed in contact with my dealers service manager by telephone and worked with him. More importantly though is every item that needed repair from my initial walk through and subsequent items that popped up, I made sure I emailed the service mgr. with an updated list of what needed fixing. This way I had a record of listing what was needed with a date and time. I realized that in mid season it would be impossible for the dealer to take care of everything within the 30 day warranty window. We took possession of our rig the first week of August and the last item to be repaired was done in late January of the following year. Didn't miss any camping outings and things were done properly and to our total satisfaction. My only regret now is the guy we worked closely with moved on to another vehicle repair shop that doesn't deal with RV's. That line of work burned him out with "we want it done yesterday". To the OP, make sure that you have written documentation of items you have notified FR and the dealer where you bought it that need repair so you aren't boxed in by the ticking calendar to get things done. That way you should be able to get some use and hopefully enjoyment out of your expensive purchase while systematically getting things in shape. Good Luck and keep us posted on your progress.

sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire