Old 02-19-2016, 05:27 PM   #41
edm

Rv pilot, I have a 2016 fr3 and have over 40 items that needed repair. The best thing i can tell you is get ahold of your FR3 factory warranty person and register your complaints with him. I did that and got very good results and all but one issue finished, waiting on one more thing and we are done. We also like the rig and are going to keep it for a long time.
By the way a lot of the smaller items i repaired myself and keept the dealer out of it.
Good luck and happy camping.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:57 AM   #42

We've been out 6 times to trips to the Oregon Coast or around the Northwest so far... 11 nights... the first trip was just some normal stuff... P-traps in the bathroom were unconnected, and one of the blinds wouldn't stay up.
On one other trip, the TV went out, the heater quit, and we had a flame-out on the hot water heater...'
Everything was fixed to my approval the first time with our dealer.
This last weekend we had an epic trip to Newport at the Oregon Coast and again, everything worked just fine.

Days Camped 28
twojump36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:11 PM   #43
from Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by edm View Post
Rv pilot, I have a 2016 fr3 and have over 40 items that needed repair. The best thing i can tell you is get ahold of your FR3 factory warranty person and register your complaints with him. I did that and got very good results and all but one issue finished, waiting on one more thing and we are done. We also like the rig and are going to keep it for a long time.
By the way a lot of the smaller items i repaired myself and keept the dealer out of it.
Good luck and happy camping.

Thanks, I think I'll do that. I've also given up on the dealer on some of the things and decided to permanently fix them myself. One is the overhead bunk with some help from the forum it will not be falling again…

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1456160935.731794.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  90.7 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1456160968.907286.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  102.8 KB

Now during my five day trip up to the mountains "in the snow" my heater went out. Call the dealer and he told me at least he was starting to schedule appointments for March. 🙄

2015 FR3 30DS
Central Coast of California
Central Coast of California
RV Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:44 AM   #44

Beginning to concur with you! Shower only dribbled this weekend and the bunk no longer works. One thing after another with the FR3 line.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:04 AM   #45

I mentioned in another thread about just having gone to the RV show in Harrisburg and was very disappointed with the quality of the FR3 that was on display. There were misaligned cabinets, broke or bent trim pieces, just poor workmanship overall for a brand new unit.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:54 AM   #46

Not unlike the Auto industry a few years ago. They built junk and we kept buying it. No reason for them to change. Then the economy changed and imports came in. All of a sudden Q became a big issue. Todays vehicles are double the quality of the 80's and far less money when adjusted for inflation and function. The RV industry has been buffered from imports and sales and only take a hit slightly with fuel pricing. Since Q is NOT a big sales issue nothing much will change. Lack of automation in the actual RV structure is another big Q issue. No build consistency. ("Quality" = "Adherence to Specifications". With almost no automation or good processes, you can't achieve optimum quality.)
HAM CALLSIGN - AI4SR
EE, IBMer, Race Car Builder, now Retired.
Jim Schings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:19 PM   #47

We love ours. I was super frustrated at first, but got all the small things worked out and we're rolling, just adding personal touches/preferences now. Just got back and can't wait to get back out.

Antone

2015 Forest River FR3 30DS - No Ragrets

Toad - 2011 Jeep Wrangler
Old 02-29-2016, 04:55 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antone View Post
We love ours. I was super frustrated at first, but got all the small things worked out and we're rolling, just adding personal touches/preferences now. Just got back and can't wait to get back out.

Antone

2015 Forest River FR3 30DS - No Ragrets

Toad - 2011 Jeep Wrangler

Same with me Antone. I was without my 2015 30DS for a total of 112 days the first year due to various service issues. But between Mike Thompsons RV Sante Fe Springs service department, personal phone contacts with Forest River FR3 division in Indiana, patience and perseverance every single deficiency was corrected to my satisfaction. Per California "lemon law" I had those 112 days without my coach added on to my 1 year warranty. I even had items replaced beyond that under warranty. Currently enjoying Bolsa Chica and then on to Bullhead City-Laughlin-Colorado River next week.
Happy trails to everyone!
Old 03-01-2016, 12:35 AM   #49

Who granted you additional days on your warranty Forest River or Mike Thompsons ?
Old 03-01-2016, 12:54 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR3 Don View Post
Who granted you additional days on your warranty Forest River or Mike Thompsons ?

If you had your coach serviced by MTRV, look at the back side of service orders. The "California customers warranty notice" is printed on the back.

Tags
tire