Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2015, 11:10 AM   #1

Tool box

So here we loading things and hubby wants to load a big tool box. Im hoping for a lighter load. What are the must haves in your kit
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:26 AM   #2

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ing-81562.html

Read away
2011 HD Road King
Nights camped since 2019.....all of Em...Homes a 2001 Sea Breeze 36' 5 ER
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:43 AM   #3

Colourful, your tool kit will really depends on what you're comfortable doing. Screwdrivers, pliers, tire pressure gauge and a small ratchet set are always a good idea, if for nothing else tightening things that get loose and checking your tires. But if you're more comfortable calling AAA (or Good Sam) than you are with poking around the fuse box or trying to pry off woodwork to get to your slide mechanicals, than I'd do just the basics and leave more room for things that help you enjoy your trip.
spicyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:50 AM   #4

Essential toolbox

I like to carry a 1-1/16 socket that fits the anode in the water heater in the event that I need to drain it. You'll likely need a 1/2-inch drive wrench and short extension also to be able to use that socket. (Check the size of your anode; not all are 1-1/16). I also carry a breaker bar fitted with a socket that fits the trailer wheel lug nuts.

Kent
kdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:40 AM   #5

My tool box for the camper consist mainly of the normal tools that you need to work on the camper such as a couple of Robertson screw drivers and so forth. I also have electrical tools for wiring needs and a Fluke Multi-meter for the pedestal. I also have the collection of sealants and roof mending tape that is needed for repairs.

I then have my truck tool box which includes a clicker type torque wrench. Another item I am now carrying since the tire pressure on the camper is 110 PSI is an electric air compressor rated for 150 PSI and thirty feet of air hose and chuck. This is stored in the truck's boonie box.

You may want to carry a spare fuel filter if the unit has a diesel engine. I carry two, in the boonie box.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:14 PM   #6

I should have been a boys out. In the bin under the fridge vent I carry

Misc fuses of every value from 7 a to 30 plus a 50 a fuse for the inverter
A digital volt meter
Wire strippers
A set of those stupid suare end drivers needed to remove the entertainment center in the DS30.
Riobi power screwdriver charger and torque wrench with impact sockets -for lugs incase I have a flat on the motorcycle trailer.
A small grease gun with hi temp frees for the above Bearing buddies. To keep bearings greased.
A breaker bar and pipe
A dc powered Aviar (sp)? Air compressor and digital pressure gauge
Vice grips and screwdriver and channel locks I use all the time to tighten the water hose at camps.
Black electrical tape and duct tape
Silicone Sealant small tube to touch up trim joints (have you ever looked close at the wheel flares? Or the seams around the front fiberglass shell?)

In the sewer water bin I carry a Y connector, a water bandit, rubber washers to fit in the hoses
And Teflon tape used to re set the anode in the water heater and keep the other screw ons from leaking.

Probably overkill but I like having this stuff on hand.

2014 FR330 DS
Technorick is offline   Reply With Quote