Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2018, 10:03 PM   #1

TP Holder in FR3 29DS

We have a 2018 FR3 29DS. We have no where to hold the TP. Where should it be? It is missing? Does anyone know where I should continue to look? Any and all help is VERY HELPFUL. TYIA
Mtncampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:17 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

How about a stand-alone? We have one like this to include extra rolls.

https://www.google.com/search?q=toil...obile&ie=UTF-8

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:34 PM   #3

Our TP holder was not mounted when we got our coach. You are correct that there is no real good spot to mount. We went with the stand alone version like Ken mentioned and have no trouble with it.
CC Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:00 PM   #4

They leave it off so you can put it where it is most convenient. I found a wall stud below a hook that is on the right wall as you're sitting on the toilet. The screws they gave me with the toilet paper dispenser we're too long so I used shorter wood screws and it worked just fine. I have a 2018 fr3 30ds.
jimlitwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:02 PM   #5

You can feel where the wall studs are where the thin wood is very solid and does not move. But I was able to screw into the wood where the wall stud wasn't as well with no problems
jimlitwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:10 PM   #6

After ours pulled out of the wall, I picked up a free-standing one that holds extra rolls as well.
PNWTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:25 PM   #7

Making screws hold in that thin paneling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWTraveler View Post
After ours pulled out of the wall, I picked up a free-standing one that holds extra rolls as well.
It's really annoying when screws pull right out of that thin paneling. Put a 3/16" bit in your drill and drill out the hole. Advance the bit SLOWLY. You don't want to splinter out the back of the hole--that only makes things weaker.

Then press or tap the small size anchor in this set into the hole. As you drive the screw into the anchor, its legs expand to wedge it firmly in place. We've remounted light fixtures near the bed that were easy to knock loose. This is a better option than making more holes.

Larry
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:54 PM   #8

Where to mount TP roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR3Traveler View Post
Our TP holder was not mounted when we got our coach. You are correct that there is no real good spot to mount. We went with the stand alone version like Ken mentioned and have no trouble with it.
Sometimes the best spot is on the inside of a cabinet door. Consider this if there is a cabinet door reachable when you are seated upon the throne.

We've mounted our paper towel holder on the inside of the cabinet door beneath the kitchen sink. There was no other place where wouldn't have run into it. We got the simplest we could find, essentially a U-shaped piece of stainless steel with bosses stamped on the inside of each end. I drilled a new mounting hole at each end, right at the bend, so the screws would enter the cabinet door frame, not the thin recessed panel in the door.

Larry
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 06:38 PM   #9

Found them

Thanks to everyone for the great ideas. We have had our MH for a week so still finding things. Well today, DH found the side holders for the TP. We see that you can modify things to your personal tastes. Our first trip out is next Wed. for 5 nights. Yippee
Mtncampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:26 PM   #10

We have a 2017 29ds, and mounted the toilet paper holder under the top of the open shelf, seems to work good for us.
Luannr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:01 PM   #11

To Mounting

We got a different one
https://www.homedepot.com/p/MOEN-Pre...08BN/202895031

that slides on from one side and mounted it from the ceiling upside down in the back corner. Since then we have went over 6K miles cross country and had no problems. You pull it down far enough to be able to reach while setting. That way it does not get knocked off the wall and you have to do a Cirque De Soleiet maneuver to wipe! Happy Wiping...
mrpalmermr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fr3