Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2016, 08:55 PM   #21

Good luck all
Edmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 02:02 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmsherman View Post
Are you sure? At 8 lbs/gallon for water, 130 gallons in my class A Georgetown would be 1040 lbs. For a class A rig weighing in at over 17,000 lbs, that's less than 7% of the total weight of the rig. I doubt that would make enough of a difference to keep the rig from tipping over.

A better solution for me would be to park the rig with the rear end facing into the wind. This minimizes the surface for it to push against and any forces from the wind will be along the long axis of the rig. It also protects the windshield from flying debris. This is similar to what boaters do in high wind situations, turn into the wind to decrease wind resistance to prevent capsizing.

Phil
Thats great for you, but not everyone has a heavy Class A like you do. My TT only weighs in at 7300 lbs. So that extra water weight very well could mean the difference between being right side up, or upside down. Parking with your front/back into the wind is awesome, when you know which direction the wind is gonna come from and it dosen't shift, but I'd still rather have a little more weight in the belly of my beast just to be sure.
D-Man is offline   Reply With Quote