Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2015, 09:20 AM   #1

Trouble with Pioneer AV system

Our 2016 FR3 came with a Pioneer AV system in the dash. I really like the unit but after a couple of trips the camera display is not working, or at best, only off and on. Everything else works great, music, movies, and radio. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix?
Old 05-26-2015, 09:18 AM   #2

I have the same problem. It Is going in shop in two weeks. Started out with just rear camera and drivers side camera working. Then right side suddenly started working. Then camera's would work then stop working. Now none of the three camera's ever work.
Let me know what they find out.
philv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:32 PM   #3

Called the dealership yesterday and spoke with a tech. He said if the front plate comes off its easy to get behind the radio and that the wire for the video is a yellow RCA plug. He further stated that they are pretty flimsy and are known to come loose.
So today I went back to the RV and it does have a plastic cover plate with 6 screws. I was not really comfortable removing it since all the toggle switches are mounted there too and did not know how they were mounted. So I took a chance, removed the six screws and the whole cover plate came off with the radio and all the switches. So everything is mounted on the plastic plate which makes it easy to get behind the radio.
I found the yellow plug which is on the upper right hand side of the radio (as you look at it) and it was very loose. Be aware that there is a yellow female plug on the radio but the yellow male plug goes above and to the right of that. I tightened the prongs but it still felt loose so I stabilized it with some Guerrilla Tape. We are leaving for the Myrtle Beach area Sunday for a week so I should be able to report back if that did the trick.
It is an easy fix but I may look at it some more for a better and sturdier back plate, it did seem a little flimsy.
Hope this helps.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:27 AM   #4

Thanks Edder B , I just don't feel confident with my mechanical skill levil to mess with that. I have an appointment on June 8th so I guess I'll have to wait until at least then. Hope that did the trick for you.
philv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:28 AM   #5
Tents2RV

Our camera was doing tricks (off/on, long "lag" time between turns and rear-view, and quirky jumps of windows and settings) so was brought back to dealer and was found to be faulty. The radio is an ordered replacement - so we returned again. I did a lot of YouTube searching and found several model specific out-of-the-box directions for installing, manipulating the settings, and much more. Be sure to check there for close-up help and information.

Ron & Jill

'15 FR3
'01 Honda CRV
Last trip: Bear Creek Lake State Park, VA - Great Trip!
Next trip: KOA - Harrisonburg, VA
9 days total
c0nnd0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:09 AM   #6

Just got back from a 1500 mile trip to Myrtle Beach. The camera held up the entire way without any problems.