Old 09-12-2015, 11:12 PM   #1

TV Pixelating

Staying in Indio last night and Lost Hills tonight and while watching TV, the same station at about the same time, both TVs begin pixelating to the extent we had to turn them off.

Do we have a TV problem or is it a channel transmission problem?

Lexi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 11:21 PM   #2

Ours does that all the time no matter where we are.Its so annoying that we dont even turn it on anymore.I dont know if its because of the little disc antenna or not,but we never had the problem in our other trailers/MH with a crank up antenna. Good thing we can both do without the tv because it aint worth a good crap.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:34 PM   #3

pixilation as I know it is that the screen turns into blocks of color and then freezes... that is usually due to a weak signal rather than a problem with the TV... often around sunset a station's signal will either get weaker and pixelate or sometimes just remain the same...

HDTV signals that we now receive have to be nearly 100% complete in order to get a picture, anything less just does not fly with digital signals, unlike the analog TV signals we watched until about 10 years ago.

If you can pop in a DVD and all clears up then YES, it is an antenna signal strength issue.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 11:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
pixilation as I know it is that the screen turns into blocks of color and then freezes... that is usually due to a weak signal rather than a problem with the TV... often around sunset a station's signal will either get weaker and pixelate or sometimes just remain the same...

HDTV signals that we now receive have to be nearly 100% complete in order to get a picture, anything less just does not fly with digital signals, unlike the analog TV signals we watched until about 10 years ago.

If you can pop in a DVD and all clears up then YES, it is an antenna signal strength issue.
Yeah,we got a lot of dvd'smostly because its all we can be sure will work.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:54 PM   #5

Actually, right after I posted the thread, all cleared up and we are loving watching Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman,,,all the intelligent things we used to enjoy. <3
Lexi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 11:55 PM   #6

I supplement my over-the-air TV watching with DirecTV... and only watch the local stuff for local news and weather. A $70 dish, a $200 tripod for accurate sat location bought from TV4RV.com , my home DVR receiver and some RG-6 cable make that easy to do.

you could be getting some nearby interference that is causing your problem if it comes and goes

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:18 AM   #7

We were at a spot in the Colorado Rockies for the month of August. We could get 4 stations on the television crystal clear and in HD. From about 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM every day the ABC channel would drop out. I could do a rescan and get it back for maybe 5 minutes and drop out again. This happened every day we were there and only to the one channel. No pixels, just a blank screen. The only thing I could figure out was there may have been a ham radio transmitting at that time. From 5:30 PM and all night till 1:00 PM the next day, solid as a rock reception.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:55 PM   #8

This might be obvious. But just in case. Is the green light on at the 12 volt receptacle above the coat closet by the door. If not press the small black button. When the light is on so is the antenna power booster.