Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2018, 02:03 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to DannyFaye Send a message via MSN to DannyFaye
TV replacement

Has anyone replaced the 32 in Furrion tv over the sink in a 2015 FR3 motorhome. If so what brand fits in the mount. Furrion gone bad not a good tv.Thanks
DannyFaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:26 PM   #2

I cant speak specifically to your RV/television, bit I did replace our Furrion television with a Samsung. Generally speaking, the mounts are all universal. In other words, the holes in the bracket that you use right now on the bad tv, may not be the same holes on the new tv, but there will be holes in the bracket that do fit any tv you buy.

The only issue we came across, was the Samsung holes on the back of the tv, required a longer bolt than what the Furrion tv needed. The book that comes with the tv will tell you what bolts you need, and you can get them at Lowes/Home Depot/hardware store/etc. Usually a standard M6 or M8 bolt (if my memory is working), and then you just need to buy the appropriate length.

Thats the long way of saying it really shouldnt be an issue replacing your tv.

Old 02-27-2018, 03:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperfi24 View Post
I cant speak specifically to your RV/television, bit I did replace our Furrion television with a Samsung. Generally speaking, the mounts are all universal. In other words, the holes in the bracket that you use right now on the bad tv, may not be the same holes on the new tv, but there will be holes in the bracket that do fit any tv you buy.

The only issue we came across, was the Samsung holes on the back of the tv, required a longer bolt than what the Furrion tv needed. The book that comes with the tv will tell you what bolts you need, and you can get them at Lowes/Home Depot/hardware store/etc. Usually a standard M6 or M8 bolt (if my memory is working), and then you just need to buy the appropriate length.

Thats the long way of saying it really shouldnt be an issue replacing your tv.

The poster is speaking if something more specific... The TV over the sink acts as a cupboard door... The TV must fit into the bracket properly... I have tried two TVs.... And neither work. I am anxiously following to get the right answer.

Note... The question he is asking is specifically for the FR3...
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 04:06 PM   #4
lacoles

We have a 2014 FR3 30DS. We had a 32 inch Jensen. It quit working and ordered a 32 inch Jensen. Your right the new 32 inch TVs are not the same. We spent several months trying to find a tv with those dimensions no luck. We got a regular 39 inch tv and my DH bent the frame to fit the tv. That worked for us. CW said they could get us a tv for 900.00 no thanks
lacoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:32 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to DannyFaye Send a message via MSN to DannyFaye
FR3 Furrion TV REplacement

I got a 32 in Toshiba tv had to replace the 2 rubber bump stops at top corners for shorter ones and drill 2 new holes to attach tv, Fit real good great picture.
DannyFaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyFaye View Post
Has anyone replaced the 32 in Furrion tv over the sink in a 2015 FR3 motorhome. If so what brand fits in the mount. Furrion gone bad not a good tv.Thanks
Make sure whatever TV you get has the right output jack to connect to the FR3 sound system.

Tags
replacement