Old 11-09-2015, 12:38 PM   #1

TV stopped working

I have the FR# 30DS, and we have very happy so far, but there are little things starting to happen. We have used the motorhome 5 times now for a total of 10 nights.
This weekend the Furrion TV in the main living area quit working.
It had been working flawlessly but then yesterday morning when I try to turn it on using the remote or the power button, the red light would go away and the green light would appear for 5 seconds... the TV would flicker and then turn off. Black screen... no real sign of life....
The other two TV's (outside and bedroom) are working as they always have.
Has anyone experienced this before? What could have happened?. We were camping in a park at the Oregon Coast with full hook ups....
The TV was working Saturday night but just wouldn't power up on Sunday morning.
Any help is appreciated....

Thanks

Todd

Days Camped 45
twojump36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:54 PM   #2

TV quit working

We had the same problem. It happened just before leaving on a 2 month trip. I replaced the TV for the trip, then took the coach in for service after leaving sit for 2 months. the TV started working on it's own! the dealer couldn't fix anything because it is now working. I don't know if you have to leave it unplugged for 2 months, but you might try pulling the plug for as long as you can to see if it resets.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutiful Don View Post
We had the same problem. It happened just before leaving on a 2 month trip. I replaced the TV for the trip, then took the coach in for service after leaving sit for 2 months. the TV started working on it's own! the dealer couldn't fix anything because it is now working. I don't know if you have to leave it unplugged for 2 months, but you might try pulling the plug for as long as you can to see if it resets.
I did unplug it for about an hour and then tried it and no change... then we drove home (3hrs) and I tried it again... nothing.
I called the dealer this morning and they said I'd need to bring it in for a replacement.... I asked if that was normal, and they said it's common and in their experience, they've just replaced them.
So now here we go.... I have to take it in on the 18th so they can verify the thing is broken, they'll have to call the manufacture to get authorization, then the manufacture will send a new TV... should take 3 weeks... I bet I'm messing with this thing until the middle of February...
Days Camped 45
Old 11-09-2015, 02:09 PM   #4

TV stopped working

Well I hope it doesn't take that long. You might try leaving it unplugged until you take it in and see if that helps.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutiful Don View Post
Well I hope it doesn't take that long. You might try leaving it unplugged until you take it in and see if that helps.
I would be worried that it could go out again without any notice... I'm hoping we can get it fixed and get it back very soon.
Days Camped 45
Old 11-09-2015, 06:54 PM   #6

Is the tv a 12v or 110ac all mine are 12v on newer Sunseeker
Old 11-09-2015, 07:13 PM   #7

All the FR3 TVs are 110
Old 11-15-2015, 04:08 PM   #8
2015 FR3

We just picked up the replacement tv from the dealer but they didn't give us any manuals or remote for it and the old remotes that worked on any of the original 3 tv's will not operate it. Does anyone know how to sync the remote to the tv? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:12 PM   #9

Alot of manuals are available online in PDF form. Look it up in a Google search.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEGNCJG View Post
We just picked up the replacement tv from the dealer but they didn't give us any manuals or remote for it and the old remotes that worked on any of the original 3 tv's will not operate it. Does anyone know how to sync the remote to the tv? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Did the dealer replace the tv with the same model of Furrion?

Days Camped 45