Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2015, 11:46 PM   #1

Two Days Into a 1700 Mile Trip

I thought by now, I'd asked all the questions, but there are some I haven't even thought about yet:

1. Does the water heater switch in the WH bay get turned on as needed? Also what does the "water tank" switch on the control panel mean/do?
Could I be running the fridge and WH on propane full time? How do I go about making that happen

2. Does the water pump switch stay on full time. Or just when using tank water for showers or dish-washing?

3. Is there anything that can be done about the wind noise or is that something common to Class As?

No doubt I'll be thinking of others.
On a positive note I'm in love with "Lexi II" and we are having a blast on our very first, really long trip. Last night, set up took about an hour. Tonight? 15 minutes LOL My short list of storage mods are working well.

Back to you later with more details.
Lexi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 06:41 AM   #2

Hello
1. the electric switch on the hot water tank only gets turn on when you do not want to use gas. But if you turn on the switch for hot water in side on the wall in the coach for heat it will over ride the switch on the tank and go to gas . You can run on gas your choice . the fridg you must push the button for gas or leave on auto. will go to elec when plug in no power. will go to gas when there is no power ac.
2. water pump you should turn on if you are not running city water. The pump can stay on it will keep pressure so you can use water. never on when traveling down the road.
3. Wind noise not realy.
Carl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 04:46 PM   #3

I too had a wind noise. It was to a point, that if they hadn't got it fixed, it was trading time. The way they found it was (thanks to me), to use blue painters tape around the edge of the windshield and the wind noise went away. Had to seal the windshield across the top and it seem to have taken care of the noise.

2015 Days........60 camped +14 to go for now
WVFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 04:56 PM   #4

Keep us posted on your adventures!
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 01:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi2007 View Post
I thought by now, I'd asked all the questions, but there are some I haven't even thought about yet:

1. Does the water heater switch in the WH bay get turned on as needed?

That is what I do, WH will switch to propane if electric not available with this switch on.

Also what does the "water tank" switch on the control panel mean/do?

I assume you mean water heater, this will turn on gas for WH and override outside for propane only I think. You can have outside and inside switches in the on position and it will operate on both electric and propane, I did this on last trip because I forgot to turn on water heater when we hooked up at campground and wanted quick hot water in the morning.

Could I be running the fridge and WH on propane full time?

Yes if you wish, I use electric at campgrounds as much as possible since I am paying for it anyway.

How do I go about making that happen

Water eater outside switch on off and inside on on should run on propane only. The is a push button on the top of my fridge inside door that changes from auto to electric or propane. Push for propane only.

2. Does the water pump switch stay on full time. Or just when using tank water for showers or dish-washing?

you can leave on when you are not on city water and it should only cycle on when there is a demand for water.

3. Is there anything that can be done about the wind noise or is that something common to Class As?

Check for good seal on windows that close but there is a lot of noise in my class A.

No doubt I'll be thinking of others.
On a positive note I'm in love with "Lexi II" and we are having a blast on our very first, really long trip. Last night, set up took about an hour. Tonight? 15 minutes LOL My short list of storage mods are working well.

Back to you later with more details.
Good Luck!!

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:33 AM   #6

Road noise

Is this Noise problem seen on all FR3.... all year models? or has it been resolved at the factory.

(Looking at the Georgetown 329DS)
Nights camped in 2011/16; 2012/15; 2013/48;
2014/10; 2015/101 2016/55 yr to date
pkenley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:53 PM   #7

We Made It!

Made to Auburn, Cali yesterday afternoon and up until then, the A/C rarely cycled off. Now that it's 74 degrees outside and all the windows are open, we now are able to hear the water pump. We hear it pumping periodically when the water is running, like for dishes or shower, but occasionally hear it when no water is being used inside the rig at all. Is this normal?

The other day, we camped at a campground that was mostly decomposed granite for a surface. As we were leaving, we saw a huge puddle under the rig. I traced it back to the fresh water overflow. We had put about 1/2 tankfull of fresh water for washing hands, etc. while on the move. However, the night before, we were on city water and the water pump was OFF yet the fresh water tank was full. And the fresh water overflow was dripping mightily.

We'll be here for a couple of days so I'm hoping to know something before it's time to head back to Texas.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what were your findings?

We kept tripping the circuit breaker the other night, spoke with our eldest who has a travel trailer, he told us he runs his fridge totally on propane. So we switched over and everything is still frozen rock solid and no more circuit breaks. Now, on the control panel is a switch labeled Water Heater. If we want to run the WH on propane, is this how we accomplish that?

I've left a message at Forest River to speak to a tech but haven't heard back yet. It's only been a couple of hours, though.

As always, thank you for your advice and support.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:16 AM   #8

The ac are a bit small so it helps to park in shade if you can, cover windows to block out sun. I went to camping world and got roll of Insulated foil and cut to fit windows plus a per made foil for front window.
Water heater will run on gas when you switch the inside switch on ,but turn the electric switch off on tank.
sounds like the water value that keeps the city and fresh separate water is stuck it happens. not sure where it is or how it works ,off to the dealer fix.
dont run water pump when hook to city water may be the problem.
You should not have a problem with breakers running frig or water heater elec. and ac to boot but some camp grounds hook up are not full 120 volts witch cause problems. Wifes hair dryer trips breaker ever time till I ran a line just for that.
Carl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl17 View Post
The ac are a bit small so it helps to park in shade if you can, cover windows to block out sun. I went to camping world and got roll of Insulated foil and cut to fit windows plus a per made foil for front window.
Water heater will run on gas when you switch the inside switch on ,but turn the electric switch off on tank.
sounds like the water value that keeps the city and fresh separate water is stuck it happens. not sure where it is or how it works ,off to the dealer fix.
dont run water pump when hook to city water may be the problem.
You should not have a problem with breakers running frig or water heater elec. and ac to boot but some camp grounds hook up are not full 120 volts witch cause problems. Wifes hair dryer trips breaker ever time till I ran a line just for that.
Back home now. Before we left, we had all the windows in the coach part tinted very dark, and the cockpit side windows tinted legally dark. I also purchased the "quilted" silver insulation and using hook and loop, covered up all the vents and that thing in the shower ceiling that lets the light in and I can't think of what to call it right now

We knew not to run the pump while on city water but had to use the fresh water tank because of a malfunction that allowed city water to fill up and overflow the fresh water tank. Will be taking to a dealer for that.