Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2016, 06:20 PM   #1

Two Questions

Hello everyone!
This is our 3rd month on the FR3 30DS, we had some issues, and some resolves, but two new things have come up and I was wondering if anyone had the same problems. The first thing: System Monitor (On the Convenience Center) is not giving correct readings...some days 1/3 then 2/3, or empty. Has anyone had this issue? If so, what is the solution. The Second thing: The LPG stove, has it ever have orange flames? I read somewhere that the LPG could be running out, but my monitor says I have 2/3. Please let us know if these are issues I need to address immediately. Thanks

Nelly
DaRealDeal77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:42 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to DannyFaye Send a message via MSN to DannyFaye
My monitors read untrue as most all do. Could have some paper on sensor etc. I use the GEO method and that helps a whole lot keeping them clean and doing a good flush of tank. As for the gas we use the NuWave cooktop rv doesn't heat up.
DannyFaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:14 PM   #3
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

If the flames is blue with an yellow/orange tip, it's ok. If it's yellow/orange with a little blue at the bottom, I'd get it checked out.
As for the sensors, most don't read properly. Especially the black. Most cause is something stuck on the sensors. I've had luck with putting a bag of ice down the toilet with a little water. I do this after dumping and if I'm driving some distance. There is also a wand with a spinning head that attaches to your black water hose. Camping World has them, as well as other RV outlets. After dumping you stick the wand down the toilet, turn on the hose and let the jet sprays clean off as much as it will. Then dump the black tank again.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:29 PM   #4

You should have an air adjustment on your gas range. I've never messed with mine, so I'm not sure what it looks like/works like, but I know I have it on my gas range at home.

Usually there's a square hole in the gas line to the burner, with a curved metal piece with a hole in it around the hole in the gas line. Then there's usually a screw. You loosen the screw and rotate the metal piece to increase/decrease the size of the hole in the gas line. So you'd loosen the screw and increase/decrease the size until you get blue flames, then tighten the screw.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote