Old 08-15-2016, 02:01 PM   #11

Curt, I think you have it backwards:

When your AC is in NORM mode - you are drawing in warm, humid, outside air and the A/C is trying to cool.

When you're in MAX mode, you are recirculating cool, dehumidified inside air and cooling it.

Your dash AC unit should be able to deliver a 25 -30 degree temperature delta.

If you're drawing in 100 degree outside air, the best you'll see out of the vents will be about 70 deg

If your recirculating air, and the AC is drawing in 80 degree air from inside the cab, you should see about 50 deg air coming out the vents.

ALSO - Like Curt mentioned, In our ole Class C, we made a nice thick privacy curtain. It would be warm in the back, but nice and cool in the cab area. (also warm heat in the winter)

Old 08-15-2016, 03:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiter21 View Post
ALSO - Like Curt mentioned, In our ole Class C, we made a nice thick privacy curtain. It would be warm in the back, but nice and cool in the cab area. (also warm heat in the winter)
Worth mentioning, this goes both ways. Hanging the blanket helps keep the warmth from the greenhouse in the front out of the living area, and vice versa in winter when parked.

Old 08-15-2016, 05:49 PM   #13
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiter21 View Post
Curt, I think you have it backwards:

When your AC is in NORM mode - you are drawing in warm, humid, outside air and the A/C is trying to cool.

When you're in MAX mode, you are recirculating cool, dehumidified inside air and cooling it.

Your dash AC unit should be able to deliver a 25 -30 degree temperature delta.

If you're drawing in 100 degree outside air, the best you'll see out of the vents will be about 70 deg

If your recirculating air, and the AC is drawing in 80 degree air from inside the cab, you should see about 50 deg air coming out the vents.

What you are saying is true. I did not say contrary. If you'll read my response again, all I said was it's not a good idea, and you don't need to run on max all the time. As for what temps can you expect? When I worked on car AC systems, you could expect around 20-25 degrees below what the ambient temp is outside. That was the usual with the old R12 systems. With the new R134A systems, that # is usually lower.

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:31 AM   #14

Curtain off the cab area, no need to cool the cabin while driving

We curtained off the cab area on our MBS2400WS, and put covers on all of our roof vents, so now we just leave the roof vents open and allow whatever cool air may escape from the cab area to flow to the back and out the roof vents.

With this set-up, we can stay nice and cool in the cab area by just running the dash A/C on low.

works great seeing as there is just the two of us and our 13 year old spoiled rotten chihuahua.

Keeps us cool and saves on fuel.