Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2016, 10:33 PM   #1

Valterra sewer solution

Wow it looks wonderful has anyone used it
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 11:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by colourful64 View Post
Wow it looks wonderful has anyone used it
yes,....have used SS from the very first day, over 3 1/2 years now, and have never used slinky,.... a very good item,.... it seems like whenever it is mentioned, there's usually quite a few criticizers of it,....and mostly, if not always, from people who have never used it,......

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
yes,....have used SS from the very first day, over 3 1/2 years now, and have never used slinky,.... a very good item,.... it seems like whenever it is mentioned, there's usually quite a few criticizers of it,....and mostly, if not always, from people who have never used it,......
Just out of curiosity have you ever, in all your camping, used a slinky?

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
Just out of curiosity have you ever, in all your camping, used a slinky?
in my post I said "have never used slinky", .... meaning the typical slinky sewer hose,...did you read my post or are you about to prove a point?...... I do have and have used a special short version of slinky for filling my portable tank and dumping at a dump station, but that's certainly not the same as using a regular slinky at the camping site,.... I saw the SS demonstrated before we picked up our 1st tt, was sold on it, bought one and am still sold on it 3 1/2yr. later,..... I don't criticize any one else for their choice of sewer hose, but have certainly been criticized for using the Sewer Solution, go figure......

Old 09-25-2016, 12:32 AM   #5

Thank you. So much. We ordered one based on your review ..
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:22 AM   #6

Quote:
in my post I said "have never used slinky", .... meaning the typical slinky sewer hose,...did you read my post or are you about to prove a point?...... I do have and have used a special short version of slinky for filling my portable tank and dumping at a dump station, but that's certainly not the same as using a regular slinky at the camping site,.... I saw the SS demonstrated before we picked up our 1st tt, was sold on it, bought one and am still sold on it 3 1/2yr. later,..... I don't criticize any one else for their choice of sewer hose, but have certainly been criticized for using the Sewer Solution, go figure......
No, no point to prove. In your first post you were just quick to criticize people who have never used one when you have never used a slinky. But then you say you do have a short slinky you use ar dump stations so I guess never means sometimes. I certainly would not criticize your choice of dumping unless you were in front of me in a line up at a dump station on Sunday morning and you did not have a slinky

OP, there are pros and cons to all products. Check out and search this site. Here is a link to a review and some pros and cons.. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...on-118350.html

Old 09-25-2016, 10:52 AM   #7

Just wanted to chime in on this.
I have concluded that the sewer solution has a purpose, and that is when in need of dumping, NOT AT A DUMPSTATION.
And that is what I needed for example at home. And I'm shure somewhere sometime. Space is valuable when RVing. But carring both for me is fine.
Like others have said, every item has pros and cons. Also note that if you do not have a flush system on your black tank, I would recommend the sewer solution be used with due care as the back flush ability is limited and can lead to misleading black tank proper complete emptying. It works awesome at what it does but has limitations.
Slinky fast, sewer solution works, when slinky will not.
So I recommend you have both.
john5646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:58 AM   #8

Quote:
In your first post you were just quick to criticize people who have never used one when you have never used a slinky. But then you say you do have a short slinky you use ar dump stations so I guess never means sometimes. I certainly would not criticize your choice of dumping unless you were in front of me in a line up at a dump station on Sunday morning and you did not have a slinky
yeah, I figured your question was a "got ya" question and I'm not going to play your silly game,..... but will say, you don't read very well, no where in my 1st post did I criticize anyone for not using a SS,.....

Old 09-25-2016, 11:00 AM   #9

Before this descends any further into a who-said-which-about-what-to-whom, I have a question about the original topic.

Regarding the Valterra sewer solution... I pump black tank waste out at home through a Flojet macerator pump but that chops up the contents before sending them through the 3/4" dump hose. This hose looks similarly small... does the water jet break up the solids so they can drain?

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 11:11 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restcure View Post
... does the water jet break up the solids so they can drain?
yes, ...and I've always considered the SS to be a poor mans macerator pump, until at one campground not far from us was a brand new MH the size of a battle ship, .... one day I saw the gentleman outside and he was using a Sewer Solution, stopped and talk for a while and he loved his SS,... so I guess even the rich who could afford anything, can also recognize and appreciate a good product when they see it,....

one of the many advantages of SS is,... at home after a trip, I clean my tanks again, and the septic tank cleanout is 40' away and 2' higher elevation than the tt tanks , ... SS does that without a problem, no slinky can do that,......

Old 09-25-2016, 12:08 PM   #11

We just bought the Sewer Solution. Typically we use the stinky slinkys, however, we're about to spend about a week visiting family up north and they have a sewer clean-out about 40-50 ft away from where we can park. There is no way we are going to string out 40-50 ft of stinky slinky's across their yard - I can only imagine the amount of water we would have to use and it just sounds like a mess waiting to happen

Anyway, we looked at both the Flojet and the Sewer Solution and decided that less moving parts in the SS was the way to go for us. We ruled out the FloJet after considering how often we would use it and reading some reviews about the noise it makes and that the motors can give out. For the SS, we also bought 2 additional 25 ft hoses so we can reach the clean-out opening. We'll see how it goes
2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Evans View Post
we also bought 2 additional 25 ft hoses so we can reach the clean-out opening.
back when I bought the SS they didn't have the 25' hoses, that I know of, ... it came with a 10' and the any extra hose was a 10'er as well,... I bought one extra and at any cg 20' has always been sufficient, but at home I needed the 40' run,...... I discovered the hose fits a 3/4" pvc coupling, so by getting two 10' sticks of 3/4" pvc pipe and adding couplings on one end, was able to get there,...... just a thought if you ever need more length,.....

Old 09-25-2016, 01:55 PM   #13

Quote:
I discovered the hose fits a 3/4" pvc coupling, so by getting two 10' sticks of 3/4" pvc pipe and adding couplings on one end, was able to get there,...... just a thought if you ever need more length,.....
Thanks! Good to know, just in case what we have ends up not being enough
2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 02:06 PM   #14

Quote:
yeah, I figured your question was a "got ya" question and I'm not going to play your silly game,..... but will say, you don't read very well, no where in my 1st post did I criticize anyone for not using a SS,.....
Fella.. Peace...

Old 09-25-2016, 02:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Fella.. Peace...
absolutely, no harm done.......

Old 09-25-2016, 04:00 PM   #16

Quote:
absolutely, no harm done.......
Question, It seems to me that if you had a sewer connection point at your home you could bury the pvc pipe and just have an access point close to your RV and an exit point at your sewer tap or is there a possibility the pvc would clog over time?

Old 09-25-2016, 04:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Question, It seems to me that if you had a sewer connection point at your home you could bury the pvc pipe and just have an access point close to your RV and an exit point at your sewer tap or is there a possibility the pvc would clog over time?
the clean-out is in the front yard, hidden in a flowerbed right at the house, and the line continues to the septic tank out in the front yard,... when we return from a trip, I pull into the front yard with the tt and as I turn to circle out, the 40' is the nearest I can get the tt to the clean-out, ... the parking pad for the tt is on the other end of the house on the outside of the garage,... I circle out of the front yard, back to the driveway with the tt and then back the tt into the parking pad, ....

so the clean-out is not 40' from where the tt is always parked,.... the clean-out is located where I have to go to it, do the cleaning, then move the tt to the parking pad, ... I guess its sort of like my own "dump station", .....its just that the closest I can get to my dump station is 40' away,..... so permanent piping is not practical ,.....