Old 09-24-2016, 11:33 PM   #1

Valterra sewer solution

Wow it looks wonderful has anyone used it

Old 09-25-2016, 12:44 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by colourful64 View Post
Wow it looks wonderful has anyone used it
yes,....have used SS from the very first day, over 3 1/2 years now, and have never used slinky,.... a very good item,.... it seems like whenever it is mentioned, there's usually quite a few criticizers of it,....and mostly, if not always, from people who have never used it,......

fella10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
yes,....have used SS from the very first day, over 3 1/2 years now, and have never used slinky,.... a very good item,.... it seems like whenever it is mentioned, there's usually quite a few criticizers of it,....and mostly, if not always, from people who have never used it,......
Just out of curiosity have you ever, in all your camping, used a slinky?

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
Just out of curiosity have you ever, in all your camping, used a slinky?
in my post I said "have never used slinky", .... meaning the typical slinky sewer hose,...did you read my post or are you about to prove a point?...... I do have and have used a special short version of slinky for filling my portable tank and dumping at a dump station, but that's certainly not the same as using a regular slinky at the camping site,.... I saw the SS demonstrated before we picked up our 1st tt, was sold on it, bought one and am still sold on it 3 1/2yr. later,..... I don't criticize any one else for their choice of sewer hose, but have certainly been criticized for using the Sewer Solution, go figure......

Old 09-25-2016, 01:32 AM   #5

Thank you. So much. We ordered one based on your review ..
Old 09-25-2016, 11:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
in my post I said "have never used slinky", .... meaning the typical slinky sewer hose,...did you read my post or are you about to prove a point?...... I do have and have used a special short version of slinky for filling my portable tank and dumping at a dump station, but that's certainly not the same as using a regular slinky at the camping site,.... I saw the SS demonstrated before we picked up our 1st tt, was sold on it, bought one and am still sold on it 3 1/2yr. later,..... I don't criticize any one else for their choice of sewer hose, but have certainly been criticized for using the Sewer Solution, go figure......
No, no point to prove. In your first post you were just quick to criticize people who have never used one when you have never used a slinky. But then you say you do have a short slinky you use ar dump stations so I guess never means sometimes. I certainly would not criticize your choice of dumping unless you were in front of me in a line up at a dump station on Sunday morning and you did not have a slinky

OP, there are pros and cons to all products. Check out and search this site. Here is a link to a review and some pros and cons.. Valterra sewer solution

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 11:52 AM   #7

Just wanted to chime in on this.
I have concluded that the sewer solution has a purpose, and that is when in need of dumping, NOT AT A DUMPSTATION.
And that is what I needed for example at home. And I'm shure somewhere sometime. Space is valuable when RVing. But carring both for me is fine.
Like others have said, every item has pros and cons. Also note that if you do not have a flush system on your black tank, I would recommend the sewer solution be used with due care as the back flush ability is limited and can lead to misleading black tank proper complete emptying. It works awesome at what it does but has limitations.
Slinky fast, sewer solution works, when slinky will not.
So I recommend you have both.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
In your first post you were just quick to criticize people who have never used one when you have never used a slinky. But then you say you do have a short slinky you use ar dump stations so I guess never means sometimes. I certainly would not criticize your choice of dumping unless you were in front of me in a line up at a dump station on Sunday morning and you did not have a slinky
yeah, I figured your question was a "got ya" question and I'm not going to play your silly game,..... but will say, you don't read very well, no where in my 1st post did I criticize anyone for not using a SS,.....

Old 09-25-2016, 12:00 PM   #9

Before this descends any further into a who-said-which-about-what-to-whom, I have a question about the original topic.

Regarding the Valterra sewer solution... I pump black tank waste out at home through a Flojet macerator pump but that chops up the contents before sending them through the 3/4" dump hose. This hose looks similarly small... does the water jet break up the solids so they can drain?
www.restcure.ca

illegitimi non carborundum
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restcure View Post
... does the water jet break up the solids so they can drain?
yes, ...and I've always considered the SS to be a poor mans macerator pump, until at one campground not far from us was a brand new MH the size of a battle ship, .... one day I saw the gentleman outside and he was using a Sewer Solution, stopped and talk for a while and he loved his SS,... so I guess even the rich who could afford anything, can also recognize and appreciate a good product when they see it,....

one of the many advantages of SS is,... at home after a trip, I clean my tanks again, and the septic tank cleanout is 40' away and 2' higher elevation than the tt tanks , ... SS does that without a problem, no slinky can do that,......