Old 07-19-2016, 10:45 AM   #11

The most important thing to remember is to NEVER buy an extended warranty at purchase time because a good portion of the price will be a salesman's commission. You will have plenty of chances to purchase one near the end of the manufacture warranty. Everyone and their brother will be sending you offers. If they don't buy the list from the dealer, they buy it from the Secretary of State.

Should you decide on an extended warranty. Choose one that your local dealer accepts. It would be crazy to have to pay up front and then get reimbursed, especially considering you already paid up front for the warranty.

Most of the newer RV's have fiberglass roofs, so normal inspections and general maintenance should be all that is necessary on them. If they get damaged due to a storm or tree falling on them, your RV insurance will cover the repairs.

The chassis should have a three year warranty, Federal law mandates a ten year 100,000 mile warranty on emissions. How many people plan on keeping their RV 100,000 miles anyway.

Every literature I have ever received from a salesman trying to make a buck over prices repair examples by 400%

There will also be a "normal Wear and tear" clause in the warranty. On a chassis, that means brakes, shocks, u-joints, headlights, etc.

Look for the super small print stating that the total cost of the repair payouts shall not exceed the price of the extended warranty contract. Some will include that fine print.

I suppose if your investing a quarter million dollars on a new RV, an extended warranty may be the way to go.

The only part of our 2017 MBS Sunseeker 2400WS that I would even consider getting an extended warranty on once the original warranty period ends would be for Chassis, its engine, drive train, and its electronics.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:53 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanD View Post
The most important thing to remember is to NEVER buy an extended warranty at purchase time because a good portion of the price will be a salesman's commission. You will have plenty of chances to purchase one near the end of the manufacture warranty. Everyone and their brother will be sending you offers. If they don't buy the list from the dealer, they buy it from the Secretary of State.

Should you decide on an extended warranty. Choose one that your local dealer accepts. It would be crazy to have to pay up front and then get reimbursed, especially considering you already paid up front for the warranty.

Most of the newer RV's have fiberglass roofs, so normal inspections and general maintenance should be all that is necessary on them. If they get damaged due to a storm or tree falling on them, your RV insurance will cover the repairs.

The chassis should have a three year warranty, Federal law mandates a ten year 100,000 mile warranty on emissions. How many people plan on keeping their RV 100,000 miles anyway.

Every literature I have ever received from a salesman trying to make a buck over prices repair examples by 400%

There will also be a "normal Wear and tear" clause in the warranty. On a chassis, that means brakes, shocks, u-joints, headlights, etc.

Look for the super small print stating that the total cost of the repair payouts shall not exceed the price of the extended warranty contract. Some will include that fine print.

I suppose if your investing a quarter million dollars on a new RV, an extended warranty may be the way to go.

The only part of our 2017 MBS Sunseeker 2400WS that I would even consider getting an extended warranty on once the original warranty period ends would be for Chassis, its engine, drive train, and its electronics.
secretary of state it sure seems like they have a list they sell to anyone these days! and thanks for the advice - one thing we weren't thrilled about is this unit in fact has the rubber roof :/ so we will just have to be extra careful of low lying trees i suppose. And taking the advice I'm reading we will just wait on deciding on the warranty - the dealer sold one was an automatic no thank you - we know how that goes having 4 kids one in college and one almost in college (and two more eventually) - if we had a quarter mil just sitting around its sitting in education at the moment #someday .........

Tags
warranty