Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2017, 11:00 PM   #1

Warranty

Does FR offer any extended warranty on the FR3 30 DS? I've searched the forum and cant seem to find the answer. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.
frstimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:41 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by frstimer View Post
Does FR offer any extended warranty on the FR3 30 DS? I've searched the forum and cant seem to find the answer. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.
As has been discussed, the 2nd year FR factory warranty is only available for towables, not motorized units.

Nor is it available for these divisions:

Coachmen
Dynamax
Viking
Prime Time
Shasta
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:41 AM   #3

Thumbs up Warrenty

Get Good Sam Warranty, Do not get from a dealer.
Carl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:14 AM   #4

Thanx. Anyone have any experience or issues with any of the warranty companies?
frstimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:53 AM   #5
Curiouser and Curiouser

Warranties

We purchased our 2016 30DS used in early 2016 - we also purchased a warranty as the factory warranty does not transfer to the second owner. We had read from many folks on this and other forums how these extended warranties are pretty much rip-offs. We carefully read the extended warranty to make sure the one we selected covered the issues that we had read about in this forum (there were several "levels" to choose from).

We did have some issues, including a broken gear and motor in our main slider, our front window shade, the main cabin door. We went back to our dealer (FunTime RV in Oregon) and they covered every issue at absolutely no cost to us. It did take about two weeks to get everything done, but it was done right and we have not experienced any problems with their repairs. We have extended our warranty for another 4 years and feel much better knowing that we don't have to worry about unplanned, expensive repairs.

Long way of saying, it seems from all we have read and our experience, that it matters most who your dealer is and their after-sale service and customer care. We chose a dealer with a good track record and who had been in business for a long time. It has been a good decision for us. Hope this long response is helpful in giving a less heard perspective. Finch
Old 03-14-2017, 09:59 AM   #6

I have an American Guardian Warranty. Haven't had any issues getting repairs paid for regardless of where the repairs were done. It's also considerably less expensive & less of a hassle than Good Sam.

ceedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty