Old 09-18-2015, 12:16 PM   #41
Originally Posted by philv View Post
Thanks Albert1950, been trying to contact Travis Bird all week.
No doubt Camping World does what all dealers do...bump you for those customers paying of luck!

Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:41 PM   #42
Meh, it's the same here for auto too.
Small town, didn't buy it here, back of the line for you!

I have even had the dodge dealer cancel my appointment without telling me.

2008 F350 CCSB V10
2016 Sabre 36QBOK

Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:31 PM   #43
Continuation on service.......................

Camping World of Akron did not return my call. So I called them back and asked to speak with the rep I have been dealing with. When I told her I spoke with Travis Bird from F.R. and he told me he had spoken/emailed them etc. several times about the problems and authorization. Told her Mr. Bird had said it was all authorized and all they needed to do was order the parts with the vin number etc. She went off on me said I was accusing her of keeping my RV there and accusing her of being a liar. Draggin their feet etc. I said I never used those words or called her that. (No customer service skills what so ever.) After her tirade she said maybe you should speak to my supervisor. I told her that would be a good idea. After I said that, she keep trying to continue the conversation. I insisted on speaking with her supervisor. She said fine hold on. After a long pause she came back on the phone and said she could not find him and he was out in the parking lot with a customer. But she had looked and there was correspondense from F.R. and the authorization had come through. ( Imagine that ?) I asked her how long it was going to take to get the part and she said it should be quick and she would call me as soon as it came in. I started to ask her another question about service for winter for my RV and the phone went dead. I called back and when I pushed the button for service she answered the phone. I asked what happened as we were speaking and the phone went dead. She said she didnt know. I was on a land line and so is she. She answered my questions and was super nice.

Does anyone else want to by an RV from Camping World of Akron?
philv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:51 PM   #44
We are in Elkhart and have been to the service department on C.R#1. Very courteous and prompt.. Great people.
J1BCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:55 PM   #45
warranty repairs

Originally Posted by patanke View Post
I know it's a strange question, but does anyone know if the factory does warranty repairs? A drive to Elkhart Indiana may be quicker than letting it sit at the dealer, and avoid the finger pointing for delays.
Yes the factory does warranty repairs. Ask for Kevin Stratton. Leave message and be persistant if necessary. Shop is at County Road 1 and California Rd.
J1BCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:54 AM   #46
Sent a list of complaints to the FR Customer Relations email. Received a reply the next day from Mel Williams, Owner Relations Manager, and took he responsibility for the issues and lack of responses. So the list is below and how they will be addresses after Travis Bird contacted me and too apologized for the lack of previous attention. Over all not perfect, but I will be satisfied even though I will do the majority of the repairs myself given there are no dealers in this area I trust to do the work right.

Front decal under drivers window that is pealing. A new one to be sent to me and I will install

Rear Bumper, that I be allowed to take it to an Auto Body shop to have the bumper removed and painted correctly. Local dealer just painted over the bubbling paint. FR will pay.

Refrigerator, the correct length front panel will be sent and I will install. The dealer fixed three times and it still falls down so half inch of back is exposed. FR confirmed panels were originally cut too short.

Front window shade, unit as installed looses it’s memory at random. New shade will be sent

Headlights, FR now admits the 2015 and previous years lights are poor brightness. They will send and I will exchange with new Siveraldo headlights which are a direct replacement.

Windshield. Glass is de-laminating. New one will be sent and installed by a real Windshield installer.

Tires and wheels, Cannot get them balanced. Three tries. FR says I must work through Goodyear. I am to keep track of me costs and they will work to share in the costs, but no guarantee.

Air-conditioning, in the forums many have stated that the newer Atwood units are being exchanged for the Dometic. FR admits the one AC unit is borderline on the DS30 if temps are too hot. New Atwood units are really no better and are really only 15K units. So I may just change the generator to a larger one, change the in coming power cord to a 50 AMP and add a second AC unit.

So my suggestion is to contact FR and work through the issues you may have. I was surprised at the willingness to finally get resolution.

b1barnes is offline   Reply With Quote

repair, repairs, warranty