Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2018, 06:48 AM   #1

Warranty work

Picked up our new 2017 32 DS, February 2018, have used it 3 times since, has a little over 2300 miles (had 700) on it when bought. Been in shop most of the time for warranty work. currently in shop for additional work for last 2 weeks, called yesterday to check on repairs, shop fighting with Forest River to get work authorized. Can anyone tell me why there would be fight on warranty work on a new vehicle with such low mileage? Should be no brainer. We like our motorhome when we have it to use, regret purchasing because of the hassle.
wnewman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:39 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewman53 View Post
Picked up our new 2017 32 DS, February 2018, have used it 3 times since, has a little over 2300 miles (had 700) on it when bought. Been in shop most of the time for warranty work. currently in shop for additional work for last 2 weeks, called yesterday to check on repairs, shop fighting with Forest River to get work authorized. Can anyone tell me why there would be fight on warranty work on a new vehicle with such low mileage? Should be no brainer. We like our motorhome when we have it to use, regret purchasing because of the hassle.
Contact Customer Service: (574) 206-7600
Email: motorizedservice@forestriverinc.com

You should be transferred to the Warranty Rep for your area.

My (Alaska) Warranty Rep is:
Cel Lopez
West Coast U.S./CANADA
Class A FR3/GEORGETOWN Warranty Rep
clopez@forestriverinc.com
Direct: 574-206-7618

I hope this was helpful.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:49 AM   #3

We also have a 2017 32DS. We had buyers remorse 2 weeks after we picked it up. So many problems, too many to list here. I repaired 90 per cent of the problems myself. I had a contact person at Forest River for warranty replacement parts etc. He even arranged to have it picked up and returned to the factory for two weeks to make the repairs that I did not have the time or patience to do. My contact person was Mr. Nicholas Hoover at FR, he may help speed up repairs. he has been nothing short of fantastic.
Forest River doesn't seem to care about quality control when manufacturing RV's. Only on cranking them out quickly to sell.

Ours seems to finally be working ok now (knock on wood). Just need to find the time to get away. We just welcomed our 8th grandchild so we need to camp with them as much as possible.

We will keep our coach for a couple years (it is paid for) and then sell it.
We have been looking at the Newmar Bay Star coach. Reviews of Newmar RV's are mostly positive.

Good Luck with your warranty work. feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Bob
Kentucky Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 03:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky Bob View Post
Forest River doesn't seem to care about quality control when manufacturing RV's. Only on cranking them out quickly to sell.
Bob

Agreed
Old 06-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #5

2018 fr3 30ds

We just purchased our FR3 in April 2018. During the PDI I took lots of notes and glad I did, how to operate a lot of things is not covered in your 60 page owners manuals. Make sure they fix any and ALL issues before you hand them a check! Don't forget to check that NOTHING is leaking from under the coach. Obviously check for functionality on all systems and don't forget the FORD front end (Dash A/C, Heater, tow package, etc..)

Most things we found were minor and corrected on the spot. Some scratch and dent items replaced after parts arrived. We only have one outstanding issue at the moment we hope will be addressed next week, warm AC air from dash!

Do your test drive FIRST and don't let them rush you through the PDI, you are probably paying $600-$800 for them to do it! Take all day and stay overnight and test EVERYTHING if you can!

Good Luck fellow FROG!
Old 06-02-2018, 04:15 PM   #6

Wrong Post

I'm an idiot and posted to the wrong thread, disregard
Old 06-02-2018, 04:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatesMotel2 View Post
I'm an idiot and posted to the wrong thread, disregard
No problem. Your post fits in with ALL FR products.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 04:19 PM   #8

warranty work

Thanks RK & Kentucky Bob for info. it was between Fr3 & Winnebago, that and $10,0000 difference for Winnebago, should have splurge and bought Winner, had a 98 and sold it. oh week, get what you pay for. thanks again.
wnewman53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty