Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2016, 03:08 PM   #1

Washer and Dryer

Wandering what other people on this board have done for a washer and dryer? I have seen the thread where someone added a washer / dryer to the storage compartment which was cool.

I was hoping to find out how that was supported, because in my DS, that is just fiberglass with no undermount support. So a 150lb washer seems pretty darn RISKY!

We have the 32DS with bunks. 2016.

It would be nice if in the read of the RV, the backside, that was also a giant opening so people could access storage, and, make storage a little deeper so we could install an optionas washer and dryer.
linchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:43 PM   #2

Follow up

I see there was no response to ur inquiry. Did u ever ascertain if washer/Dryer was possible ?
Bearister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 11:02 AM   #3

We actually ended up buying a Haier Upright Portable. Which can be laid on its backside in the storage compartment and brought out when needed. We are not full timers, we just need it for longer trips.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:36 PM   #4
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Quote:
Originally Posted by linchat View Post
We actually ended up buying a Haier Upright Portable. Which can be laid on its backside in the storage compartment and brought out when needed. We are not full timers, we just need it for longer trips.

Not sure how big the unit you bought is or what it cost but, unless you do a lot of dry camping, we've found that it's much easier to stay at a campground that has laundry facilities. We only have to pack laundry soap, etc.. JMHO ☺️

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivmsafe View Post
Not sure how big the unit you bought is or what it cost but, unless you do a lot of dry camping, we've found that it's much easier to stay at a campground that has laundry facilities. We only have to pack laundry soap, etc.. JMHO ☺️

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
There are allot of us and maintenance laundry (small loads) is a necessity. I agree with you, but for our situation, having a small washer with us is a big help.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:28 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Our Wildcat had hook ups in the front closet so we installed a W/D unit. It's nice to put in small loads every day instead of sitting 2-3 hours in a laundry and toting clothes in & out. We could even do a few loads before dumping tanks.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:46 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
Our Wildcat had hook ups in the front closet so we installed a W/D unit. It's nice to put in small loads every day instead of sitting 2-3 hours in a laundry and toting clothes in & out. We could even do a few loads before dumping tanks.