Old 06-12-2014, 07:52 PM   #1

Water on Floor after Rain

Ok , here's a mystery. Found water in the middle of the RV on the carpet just behind the drivers seat by the closed slide. I checked every where and cannot find any entry point.... Slide was dry, widows , ceiling, vents, all dry. Any suggestions?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1402620701.906395.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	856.1 KB
ID:	55084 Bit hard to see but right in front of my right knee: shiny

Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:41 PM   #2

Could it have run under the carpet? Hard to tell from photo but is it possibly from front cap area and run under the carpet to the lowest point.

Check the roof?
Does it only do it with slde in? And does it happen to be close to the end of slide or exterior in? Maybe a cable carrying?

Let us know what you find.

zippyzrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:35 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply!

Roof looks ok. Doesn't appear to be coming from the cap as the rig is slight leveled higher towards the back.

Yes slide in. ( storage yard)
Yes appears to be close to the corner of the slide. Wood dry . Frame dry. Dry underneath sofa.

How would I know if it's coming in by cable? For that matter , how would I stop it? More heavy rain today do I'll go out and check it again.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:37 AM   #4

Make me suspect its in the seal of the slide. Make sure the outside slide is all the way in and that the seal isnt ripped or folded in a starnge manner.

may also try turning the rv around. may just be angle of wind/ rain coming in. Definetly seems like it is slide related though.
zippyzrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:05 AM   #5

I just recently had a similar issue with mine where the carpet in front of the slide was wet, but the slide itself was dry. The slide was closed when it leaked and I found two issues. The first was that it was not completely level and was tilted to the opposite side of the slide which hindered the water drainage away from the closed slide. The second thing that I found was that the silicone bead around the seal on the camper side was separating causing there to be open gaps between the seal and the camper. I hope this helped a little as I know how frustrating it is to find water inside the camper.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #6

Thanks ! I put the slide out and back on again, it then rained heavy and nothing, so I must have had the slide not in far enough or these alway have been caught, keep a close eye on, a bit relieved and thanks for your help!
Old 06-13-2014, 08:39 PM   #7

I apologize, I didn't have my glasses on when I typed the above message lol
Old 06-26-2014, 08:28 AM   #8

I have the same problem, but water was coming from passenger side in foot area running back down aisle way almost to shower--- at dealers now and they have not found it yet. first noticed this after rain had ended - no leak- but after driving about 10 miles after rain had ended water was running toward rear. if anyone figures this out please text me 254-337-0637
Lfrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:10 AM   #9

I'm thinking water being kicked up by the tires may be getting through the firewall by the passengers feet.
PhotoMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:55 AM   #10

that is what I am thinking or the dash air is plugged up and condensation running on floor is at dealer now they said no leaks after being out side in tow heavy rains. ??
Old 08-11-2014, 09:36 PM   #11
Motoring

Coming back from trip. AC on full as we were in Florida. Condensation from chassis AC was dripping into a channel in the dash and as we turned it would come on all sections of the bottom dash. Bin the center and both sides. Need to bring that in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
grotto69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:39 AM   #12

leakage

I believe that the water leak in my coach might have been from rain water collected on top of slide out- after retracting and driving coach, think the water may have leaked down the inside wall on floor.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:54 PM   #13
Motoring

If you think about it, anything that wants to nest up under the slide awning could when it's out. Might make for quite and adventure if you pulled in the slide and a racoon ended up inside the coach. I'm sure the same thing happens with water too.
grotto69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:00 AM   #14

I had the same thing happen with my FR3 30D. I found water puddled on the drivers side near the bathroom wall. The coach was parked on fairly level ground. I discovered that the water came through the backside of the pop out while in the retracted position. I then pushed out the pop out and found some water pooled on top. I then got up on the roof and noticed that the rain gutter on the left side of the coach had a small gap where the water was able to leak through. I ended up sealing the gap with some caulk, and it seems to have fixed the problem. Hope that helps.

Landshark1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water