Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2015, 09:55 AM   #1

Angry water on inside walls leaking from windows seals installed wrong

Maybe someone can give me some advice here- have a 2014 fr3 and have had water leaks that were hard to find. one on kitchen counter which was replaced and leak never found. The other water would after a rain and when the coach was moved water would run out on floor where slide was.
Leaks finally found to be that several windows had the seals incorrectly installed. Great we found the leak. Now on the outside bottom edge of the slide there is brown water seeping out. They took the siding loose and pried it open a little bit just enough to see that the wood bonded to the fiberglass is soaked-cant tell how far up. I am afraid that some time in the future I will have delamination problems not only on the slide but possible on other areas where the windows have leaked also.
Forest river rep tells me he will stand good for it if that happens.
I think I am surely looking at bad times down the road with my new motor home.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Lfrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:28 AM   #2
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

A few years ago, a good friend had a similar problem with his Fleetwood coach. After much investigating (over 6 months), it was found that the roof was not sealed properly.

Only suggestion I have is to make sure you get whatever the FR rep told you in writing.

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:45 PM   #3
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfrazee View Post
Maybe someone can give me some advice here- have a 2014 fr3 and have had water leaks that were hard to find. one on kitchen counter which was replaced and leak never found. The other water would after a rain and when the coach was moved water would run out on floor where slide was.
Leaks finally found to be that several windows had the seals incorrectly installed. Great we found the leak. Now on the outside bottom edge of the slide there is brown water seeping out. They took the siding loose and pried it open a little bit just enough to see that the wood bonded to the fiberglass is soaked-cant tell how far up. I am afraid that some time in the future I will have delamination problems not only on the slide but possible on other areas where the windows have leaked also.
Neighbor kids plugging up weep holes? Couldn't resist.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:47 PM   #4
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfrazee View Post
Neighbor kids plugging up weep holes with sticks? Couldn't resist.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:55 AM   #5

leaker

they found the source of water all the window seals were installed upside down! Problem now is how do you dry the inside of the walls out ? and the fact that the wood backed fiberglass is soaked--will the delamination occur in 6 mos, 1 year 2 years 5 years or when.?? Factory rep tells me they will stand behind it if there is a problem (still working with them on that one),
When I first got the coach rear wheels did not have valve stem extenders- the factory rep at that time said he would send some to me. waited a couple of months and they never showed up-- called again and that factory rep was no longer with them. Also was told that he had no authority to send me valve stem extenders and would have to get them myself.
Makes me wonder that if a year from now I have delamination problem and call back to factory and get the same answer on delamination that I did on the valve extenders.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:08 AM   #6
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

That's why if you can get FR to give you something in writing (letter or email) than it doesn't matter if that rep is still there or not. That rep was employed by FR and in a position to authorize work at the time of the problem. And, he was authorized to tell you they'd stand behind the repair. If you have proof, they would not have a leg to stand on if they try to back out on repairs.

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:37 PM   #7

still working on that --they still have not said how far they will go on repairs- they are still studying pics of coach from dealer service shop.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:13 AM   #8

the de-lamination will happen , it will take about a year. As for FR fixing it, well good luck. My last TT had two leak issues that toke a number of years to show up and FR would not take responsibility of either. One was the storage compartment was not properly sealed and the leak rotted out the floor in the storage area. major repair. The other leak was due to the drain tube from the refrigerator, resulting in the de-lamination. Please note my new 2015 TT has the same drain tube that I am going to replace. Wish you all the best in your adventure.
mcrib2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, led, water