Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #1

We're in Europe with the FR3/25

So finally found some time... we shipped the FR3 from Galveston to Antwerp... (Yes it's expensive...) It's a circus to export. Even more in Europe where we had to import the FR3.... wich costed $60.000 Dollar in the Netherlands in taxes. With the Shipping cost we doubled the purchasing price in the USA.

But... it's worth a lot more here. So... we hope to make a small profit in the end.

There's only German RV's here, and they are build flimsy.

in A few weeks we head for the warmer weather in Spain.. trough France... Belgium... Holland is great!
pimhelmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:45 PM   #2

Post pics when you can. You are living large!
zippyzrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:04 AM   #3

Let's hope my slides wil hold.....
Old 08-25-2014, 10:14 AM   #4

Just make sure you do the bedroom one slowly and stop to help the folding boards. Seems a lot of stress is from the end boards being allowed to fold naturally. Ive found since having my motor/gear replaced that unfolding the two end boards before moving helps take a lot of load off the system. I stop about 1/2 way out and go ahead and lift the end board up and onto the platform. Then proceed to extend the rest of the way. If you have another person you can actually feel the difference in the loading on the slide by putting your hand on the slide unit as it goes out. For coming in i stop when the first board is able to be folded completely against the second hinged board. This keeps it from pushing against the end of the bed. Hope it helps. If not let me know .... i have a spare motor gearbox i bought to carry in case it lays down on me. Can always pop it in the UPS/FEDEX if needed.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #5

Thanks!

That's a generous offer.... we already have the bedslide gearbox replaced once, a tooth broke off. And now we guide the bed board in like it's a "babycradle" for months now. I must say.. it shattered our confidence... my wife is scared it will happen again, every time we "Slide". But thanks.. maybe i should buy a spare gearbox too... How much was it ? and what's the Part info..? Where did you order it ? Thank You!
Old 08-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #6

$125 bucks.
Off Ebay.
BAL Accu Slide Replacement Motor Standard 22307 RV Slide Out Accuslide Norco | eBay

Got it just for the shattered confidence after having the same problem. Safe Travels...and dont forget the pics!