Old 10-21-2015, 06:28 PM   #11
Total Value RV in Elkhart gives you a spotless unit, full LPG, gas tank, and a giant fruit basket from the sales department. Unlimited time with the PDI tech who was outstanding.Everything tested and explained operation in detail. Researching a dealer is as important as researching the rig. Really great dealer in all areas.

FReedom 3 Danny Mary Daisy
FReedom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:22 AM   #12
Washed, waxed and the tanks filled. One non in Buffalo FR dealer stocks the fridge with water, soda, beer and snacks. A very classy touch. WDW post

My Trilogy dealer filled my Frigidair refrigerator with water when I hooked up at the campsite but it was because of a hole in the ice maker line they din't fix.

nosaint3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:26 AM   #13
Antone, I picked up my FR3 30DS from Mike Thompson/Fountain Valley in March 2015 and it was in excellent condition, clean and filled with gas and lp, so It seems they are hit and miss with their prep there. I have not been happy with their warranty service and have had my non warranty work done elsewhere.
jimcarterhb1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:19 AM   #14
I could only wish. We had 3/4 LP, missing lug nut covers, no remotes or manuals, a crack on the body, and a disgustly dirty interior despite two weeks time between final sale and delivery. Ours is a very long story and ultimately I think we were decieved by the salesperson who may no longer be there. The GM and finance guys made right, but it just should never have gone down the way it did. It was a classic bait and switch and when you have a vulnerable, non-verbal disabled child at your side through the process whose excitement and joy at the prospect of a new RV is obvious, it leaves a very bad taste in your mouth. Long story. Anyway, I do highly recommend MTRV in Santa Fe Springs for coach warranty work and Fairway Ford RV in Placentia for chassis warranty and non-warranty work. My son is a character barometer and they pass. Nothing but great service and communication. I wouldn't go back to FV MTRV for toilet paper even if I was out and desperate, IMHO. Though they made right as promised, it was that bad and took to long to make right.
I digress. I do love my FR3 and wish everyone happy trails!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1445581179.445167.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	92558

2015 Forest River FR3 30DS - No Ragrets

Toad - 2011 Jeep Wrangler
Antone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:42 PM   #15
Picked up our 28DS from MTRV Colton on Sept 30th and it had a full tank of gas, 3/4 LP (which they said is all that could go in there for for first fill up). What we have found so far that doesn't work...Blinds in bedroom don't stay up, windows up front won't lock, door latch/lock is already sticking and my biggest issue and the bait and switch item is the couch doesn't have the jackknife couch as the one we were shown. The ability to fold out the couch was one of the reason we bought this into. Our first outing we ended up having to sleep people on floor. But with the help of @fr3eric we have found out that we indeed don't have the jackknife couch and the unit they changed us to "to make the deal" wasn't the same all around like the 2016 28ds we were shown. With the help of FR3eric and a few not nice emails we seem to have the attention of the dealer (I received two calls this morning after my phones calls and text and emails being ignored for 16days) but must wait because it's month end and they sold 400+ units at the RV shows and need to get them completed. I was appalled by this comment as I think they should take care of their current customer just as good so they come back later for either sales or service but we will see I haven't heard back from them since this morning as I was assured I would. Even though I did what they asked right away and sent photos of the wrong couch. I really appreciate Fr3eric as he doesn't California but has got me in touch with the rep that does to help put the pressure on MTRV Colton to make all this right.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2016 FR3 28DS
2015 Forest River Forrester Class C2250
tpatino14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:28 AM   #16
We did pick it up last night from Campers Inn Philadelphia and i can say that the dealer did step up their game since our initial visit. It had been washed and detailed, gas tank and propane tank full. After reading some of the experiences, i guess mine wasn't all that bad

Urban_FR3 is offline   Reply With Quote