Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2014, 08:20 AM   #81

I'm happy to post some pics. We are going camping next weekend and will take them then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
auntieshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:52 PM   #82

and after all that anguish you found a new family
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:54 PM   #83

We store our ladder in back bedroom and lay it along the back wall. I snug it in with the cushion that fills the table when made Into a bed. The slide goes right on bye to fuss no muss.
Marbles5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:46 PM   #84

I started a new modifications thread. Pictures are in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
auntieshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:32 PM   #85

I store my ladder in the outside aft big cargo compartment. Not a bad idea against the bed wall inside.
Madelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:54 PM   #86
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem Hunters View Post
I understand what you are saying but let's get real...... If I buy an $80K vehicle from Ford they best not tell me to contact Company XYZ that the bought the _____________parts from. With the exception of the chassis and drive train, FR made the decision who they were going to purchase the various components from,not you or me. We should not have to suffer for "their" poor choices. They are responsible for the design, assembly and the quality of the product they are producing and selling. They decide which dealer gets to sell their line of products. Uneducated, unqualified and untrained dealer techs only makes a bad problem worse!
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
x2 "their" poor choice

Have you checked into the Lemon Law in your state. You don't need to threaten the dealer yet but you need to know your rights before too much longer.
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:58 PM   #87
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
Gem, I get what you are saying also. I'm just suggesting that if the route a person takes to repair a problem is not working, then other avenues are there. And I don't think I said FR tells a person to go to the manufacturer of a certain system. And unless a person buys a 5 million dollar Prevost they're gonna have problems.
2013 Berkshire 390 BH
"unless a person buys a 5 million dollar Prevost they're gonna have problems"

Why? I can buy a $15,000 car made in Korea and it comes with a real warranty and the systems all work, Assembling RVs is not rocket science. IMO the real problem is that we the owners are just rolling over and accepting the junk "Elkhart" assembles.
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Old 10-20-2014, 03:05 PM   #88
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

You cannot compare building cars to building campers.
nor can you compare warranties.

A person's attitude makes a big difference when trying to get things accomplished.

If all you ney sayers think it's so easy to build and produce campers then I'd love to see you start your own camper line and let me know how it goes.
"Cause it's not rocket science"

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #89
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieshoes View Post
Brewster - Not yet, but the dealer has 2 other things they wanted to try this week so I have decided to lay low and wait to hear from them. Are they working on figuring out your AC problem or other issues?

Coot and Kickin - Here is some language from the FR customer service FAQ page:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q-How can I obtain schematics of my Forest River RV product?
Forest River RV does not publish schematics of our products. Should a technical concern arise, we would recommend contacting your local Forest River RV dealer.

Be careful if you expect the wiring diagram to help. I bought a full set for the coach portion of my Coachmen rig. There are no wire color codes so tracing a wire means you basically need to trace the wire by hand which may mean pulling it from the harness.
Some wires change color when/if there is a connector in the line. You may also discover numerous wires in your RV that are not shown on the drawing. I was told by FR that this was because they used the same harness for many different coaches. Not sure how having extra wires lowers costs and it certainly doesn't make solving electrical issues any easier but then again after a year they can wash their hands of your problems and you can pay to have a tech to try and figure out where the wires go.

I had my Battery Disconnect solenoid go bad and after a few hours I confirmed the wiring diagram was drawn with the solenoid in backwards on the drawing showing a light bulb with both connections going to ground!.

If you get a diagram consider it a drawing of suggestions.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #90

My understanding in most states the lemon law would only apply to the Ford chassis and the systems related to it. I have lemon lawed a dodge truck successfully in Florida. I would like to hear if you know of or ever met anyone ever lemon lawing an RV. I would surmise it's really rare, or impossible.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
x2 "their" poor choice

Have you checked into the Lemon Law in your state. You don't need to threaten the dealer yet but you need to know your rights before too much longer.
StephanFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, forest river