Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2016, 06:09 PM   #1

winterizing fr3 32ds 2017

I blew out the lines and drains in the rv. Drained hot water heater. Pulled it into storage and opened slides to dry toppers. When I went back to close slides it dawned on me that I forgot to blow out the shower inside. I undid the shower wand and turned the hot and cold water on and sucked on it pulling out probably a cup of water at most. No more water so to speak is coming out when sucking on it. What do you guys think am I good to go? I am unable to get it out of storage so I would have to run pink anti freeze throughout but am hoping I can get away with not doing so. Thoughts?
Old 11-02-2016, 12:26 PM   #2

May I ask how you blew out your drains? I'd think if you don't want to purchase the pink fluid or move the RV, that you could bring a 5 gallon air tank to blow out whats left in your plumbing. Did you remember your outdoor shower too?
Old 11-02-2016, 07:31 PM   #3

I blew out everything including the outdoor shower (except indoor shower) with an industrial air compressor adapted to a garden hose starting with city water hook up. A steady flow was applied as faucet was turned on hot and cold going to the next faucet turning it on and then returning to last to shut that off, on down the line... toilet etc. I took special care not to close all faucets for example and overpressurizing the system. My concern with your suggestion is a pancake compressor would start out good but when that quantity of air is dispersed throughout the system the pressure would be next to nothing, and not enough to purge remaining water effectively. Do other blow out using small compressor?
Old 11-03-2016, 07:07 AM   #4

I was just thinking along the lines of carrying a 5/11 gallon external tank like this with a ball valve/reg:

11 Gallon Portable Air Tank

I'm sure you'll probably be fine, but I wouldn't be able to hibernate over winter. I'd probably just buy the $10 of anti-freeze and winterize it that way in the yard this year and chalk it up as an brain fart.

Tags
winter