Old 06-03-2016, 01:03 PM   #21

Yes, and YES

We are on the road right now with some friends. They have the 2016 Thor Hurricane, we have our 2015 FR3 30DS. We have had very minor issues, the kind you always have (this is our second motorhome, and the best we have experienced). Our friends in their Thor have lost power to the entire slide, a stabilizer bracket on the chassis broke off (which I repaired in a camp), their black tank is not draining well (strange design causes build up, huh?), and a bunch of other things here and there. Every new camp starts with a stop at the hardware store or Camping World for parts for the Thor. Then we set up camp, and start the repairs once the RV is cool. Good thing we have beer !!!

Old 06-04-2016, 12:16 AM   #22

We just purchased ours trading in our class c Winnebago.
Absolutely do it again!!!!!!!

Old 06-04-2016, 06:48 PM   #23

Yes, I'd do it again. Some on this forum might be surprised to hear that from me. I've had over 20 issues and more than a year after taking delivery I'm still waiting for completion of one major repair. I think the state of quality in the RV industry is terrible across the entire business. Pick your poison. I heard a tale of a new $250k Tiffin Class A DP having over 100 fisheye defects in the paint. Low end, High end, doesn't matter. Get through 1 or 20 issues in the first year and then have lot's of fun. And, do a thorough PDI.

Our 2015 FR3 30DS fits our needs just fine after about 30 modifications, big and small, noting that the FR3 series is sort of built for owners to customize for themselves. One of the things that sold us on the FR3 versus competing designs was the windows. Many of the others use the 'frame-less' windows that barely open. FR3 has, what I call, 50% windows.

Go for it.
Old 06-04-2016, 07:32 PM   #24

Luv it! Worth the hassles. Every time I get in the drivers seat, I'm filled with great sense of freedom, getting to be a free spirit, and the excitement of a new adventure. Plus, you always have a clean bathroom and bedding with you and don't have to wonder if it's clean.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:00 PM   #25

we own a new gt3 Georgetown sister of the fr3 would you add air suspension to your unit?
Do you think it will improve the ride quality? The camping world by us wants 1600$ to install do you think that is a good price?
Thanks for your help.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:01 PM   #26

Another yes.

We purchased a used 2014 with very low miles and saved a bundle. It did not have a king bed or a BR tv but we have installed upgrades to suit our needs. This was our first MH after having TTs up to 26 feet. We vacillated over a fifth wheel or a MH and are happy we got the MH.

Would I like an air ride Diesel pusher? Sure. I love driving it (on good roads) but on bad roads the house really rattles! But for the money and for our limited usage ( 8 trips a year) it's a great ride at a good price and a nice maneuverable length.

2014 FR330 DS
Old 06-06-2016, 08:33 PM   #27

GEorgetown 364TS can be had for just a bit more...

Never had a FR3, but spent time looking at the 32DS and for only a bit more you can can a 364 with lots of extras. Might be the same with with the 30ds and comparable model.

RV direct is your friend for pricing...
Old 06-07-2016, 12:58 AM   #28

The FR3 30DS is the first motorhome we've ever owned. We've rented and borrowed RV's for years so I think I did more than an average amount of research. Once we compared the room and spaciousness of a class A over the class C it was a no brainier it had to be the class A. Then it came down to the deal our local Camping World would make. We've spent 2 weeks prepping for our first camping trip which was this past weekend. Even though I was sicker than a dog the RV functioned flawlessly. When your not feeling good and all you have to do is pull into your site, set the electronic levelers, push the buttons for extracting your sliders then last the button for your awning and your SET. Long answer to your question is in spite of the insane amount of $ getting all the necessities to stick up the RV we LOVE it. We're spending so much time planning trips for this first year of ownership.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:48 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLud View Post
GEorgetown 364TS can be had for just a bit more...

Never had a FR3, but spent time looking at the 32DS and for only a bit more you can can a 364 with lots of extras. Might be the same with with the 30ds and comparable model.

RV direct is your friend for pricing...

That's all well and good if you like the 364!
Old 06-08-2016, 08:57 AM   #30

Sorry I wasn't clear...I compared an FR3 32DS to a GT 364 and found the price difference pushed you into the GT for the features.

My point was there may be a comparable model GT to the 30DS layout that might only cost a few thousand more.

FR3 wasn't carried last I looked at RVDirect, but it seems the best prices I could find calling were not as discounted as a GT. So in summary, maybe it's worth someone's time to find a floor model of a GT and get rvdirects best price...it's a very good price and you might be surprised.

Lots of extra features for in some cases LESS money than they negotiate an FR3 for...