Old 06-01-2016, 01:22 PM   #1

Would you do it again?

I am in the market for a motor home. One of the brands I am looking at is the FR3 30DS.

For those of you that own one I would like to ask if you would purchase your MH again?

Pros and cons welcome!

Prior Campers
1996 Coleman Sun Valley (1995 - 2002)
2017 Forester 3011 DS (2016 - Present)
SharpPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:46 PM   #2
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Yes. No hesitation. A few minor problems (knock on wood) that were taken care of and I did do some upgrading. Just keep in mind that all motorhomes will have some type of problems. Some more than others. You roll the dice on whatever MH you purchase.
Good luck!!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:30 PM   #3

Would do it again tomorrow. I have had a couple minor issues all fixed in 30 minutes at the dealer.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:56 PM   #4

We have the 32DS, bunks because of space for the dog crates, but would probably do it again with just starting out. We have only had minimal issues since we purchased it last Nov. (stored 2-1/2 months), and all were resolved easily. Some things aren't of the best quality, but looks are nice. I think they have made some improvements for the newer model, but you would have to look at the details on the FR website for that.
AussieK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:32 PM   #5
H3N

Yes - in a heartbeat
H3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:03 PM   #6

Those all sound very positive!

Prior Campers
1996 Coleman Sun Valley (1995 - 2002)
2017 Forester 3011 DS (2016 - Present)
SharpPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:21 PM   #7

Yes!!!!!!! Love ours
Old 06-02-2016, 09:11 AM   #8

Sharp, I hate to break this trend of people willing to buy the FR3 again, buy my answer is no. It's not that I don't enjoy our MH, it's that I would have spent a just a little more (maybe $100K vs. $85K) on a used diesel pusher. The drivability is superior and I'd have gone for something slightly bigger. Perhaps the difference between me and the others is that I purchased one of the first FR3s, so some of the new features weren't available. For example, 50 amp service with a second A/C unit and a king sized bed. To me, this would make a huge difference. We even had to install a tv in the bedroom, as it wasn't available at the time. It's true that every time you purchase used it's more of a gamble, but there seem to be a lot of good-quality, used diesels out there and there's always extended warrantees to be had.

Live Aloha
spicyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:28 PM   #9

Yes. We've had our issues, but the good outweighs the bad. There seems to be a constant effort by FR to improve the FR3 every model year as well, so yes. You can spend a few extra bucks to improve the ride, they make these add-ons for a reason, and IMHO you can't beat the floorplan at 30'.

Antone

2015 Forest River FR3 30DS - No Ragrets

Toad - 2011 Jeep Wrangler
Old 06-02-2016, 12:30 PM   #10

We bought ours 2015 30DS used, 9 months old with 4500 miles at a good price. And we choose so since we don't really have a FR dealer near us (2hr drive) and I really don't want to deal with the hassle most have gone through to get warranty repairs completed. That being said, I would buy another one for the price point we got ours. I wouldn't buy a new at 85k+ only to be frustrated with a lousy dealer. And even if we had a good dealer to fix the minor issues we've had, its not worth the depreciation difference. But most of us are entry level Class A RV'ers, so we weren't expecting a Provost coach...lol. Just be sure the take your time at delivery to look over EVERYTHING, including climbing onto the roof and under the coach. Once its yours, don't expect the dealer/FR to jump at a whim. Most of us have seen the basic issues and can help resolve them, so this forum is great. Good luck on your future RV adventures.