Old 01-30-2019, 09:05 PM   #1

A/C WARNING on 2019 catalina 29THS

We looked at this new model on a dealers lot this week. We liked it enough that we decided it was the right one for us. We called one other dealer who was 40 miles closer to us to see if he would price/order it. To my surprise he said no, he would not stock it. Why??

It had upgraded ducted 15k A/C unit that does not have an outlet in the enclosed 11' garage. No A/C in the area with a fold over couches/bed and eating table .

Really? Sure enough the video the first dealer did shows no outlet in the garage. After calling the factory, we were informed the only way to have A/C in the garage (in South Florida) is to order the 50 amp service with 2nd A/C Unit option. $1162. Dealer found one and we are taking delivery with that extra option at his cost. Dealer says he will now stock it with this new information.

alb2tpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:52 PM   #2

So, what is the WARNING ?

Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:56 PM   #3

Haha, nothing like leaving us hanging
Indy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decon Blue View Post
So, what is the WARNING ?
The warning would be; 15k ducted a/c option on this model does not duct into the garage area. This would just about render the rear of this trailer useless for at least June through September here in Florida. The first dealer who has been selling Coachman for many years was not even aware.

I guess one would have to ask on your next trailer purchase, where is it ducted to? (sarcasm). Also, no way to add a second a/c since there are no provisions available with the 30 amp service.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:34 AM   #5

We are looking at this trailer so I searched the model number and saw your warning. A 2nd AC is definitely important to us so thank you for the heads up.
Cindy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:48 AM   #6

There are many posts on this forum where people state that they have added an air conditioner to the garage part of a toy hauler. Some have utilized a vent that was in the garage area and some had to cut a hole (14" x 14") in the roof for the new A/C unit. These can be wired so that you would need an additional dedicated heavy duty (10 ga.) extension cord for the new A/C unit. This method of adding an A/C unit comes in at about $800 from what I have read. I added a 2nd. A/C unit to the front bedroom of my TT utilizing the vent opening and that price is about what it cost me to do it all myself. Well worth the effort and monies.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:48 AM   #7

Wouldn't call it a "Warning" but Extremely Important information to have on hand if looking to purchase. Thanks for the Info !!
TheWolfPaq82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Wouldn't call it a "Warning" but Extremely Important information to have on hand if looking to purchase. Thanks for the Info !!
Your welcome.

However, I would have warned you not to try and sleep on the fold downs in the garage this past weekend. It was quite toasty before the a/c was turned on....

Husky Centerline HD 1400/14000 WDH

Tags
cat, catalina