Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2015, 02:12 AM   #101

there are about 3 different hoses manufactured Ive seen for this. a white ribbed hose...cheap and prone to splitting. green with white ribs...better. green with white ribs but with a 4" flattened section every foot or so where you can cut and get a good clamp. thats prolly the best in my book, but, sometimes you need a bend at the flat. if you have the hose without the flats, your more prone to leaking at the clamp. I silicone the barb fitting good and lightly clamp to avoid deformation. thats how the shasta trailers came from the factory back in the 70's when I started. I thought it was a hokey fix when I first saw it but came back to it as the only good solution.
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:03 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
there are about 3 different hoses manufactured Ive seen for this. a white ribbed hose...cheap and prone to splitting. green with white ribs...better. green with white ribs but with a 4" flattened section every foot or so where you can cut and get a good clamp. thats prolly the best in my book, but, sometimes you need a bend at the flat. if you have the hose without the flats, your more prone to leaking at the clamp. I silicone the barb fitting good and lightly clamp to avoid deformation. thats how the shasta trailers came from the factory back in the 70's when I started. I thought it was a hokey fix when I first saw it but came back to it as the only good solution.
Will keep that in mind. I know I didn't want to crush the barbed end but i also didn't want to crush anything to cause another leak. After I check wheel bearings again i'll look at that hose and connection
Coachmen Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:33 PM   #103

the fact they even make a hose with a flattened section ought to say there are clamping issues...take care Chris...
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:07 PM   #104

I've got a 150MPH with floor problems too!

Coachmen Chris - I have a 2009 150MPH which was purchased in May 2015. I have since discovered similar floor problems. I've got a couple of questions for you if you happen to visit this thread again:

(1) It looks like you did not touch the fabric underbelly of your toy hauler. Is that true.
(2) It also looks like you did not replace the floor in the bathroom or kitchen area.

I think my project will require underbelly replacement and floor replacement in the kitchen area (around the water heater) as well as the "garage" area. For now, I'm just trying to scope out how big of a project I am getting into.

My floor damage appears to be caused by roof leaks dripping down the insides of the walls.
fwfranke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:33 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwfranke View Post
Coachmen Chris - I have a 2009 150MPH which was purchased in May 2015. I have since discovered similar floor problems. I've got a couple of questions for you if you happen to visit this thread again:

(1) It looks like you did not touch the fabric underbelly of your toy hauler. Is that true.
(2) It also looks like you did not replace the floor in the bathroom or kitchen area.

No I did not touch the fabric underneath

Floor was replaced up to around the refrigerator area. It's my opinion the previous owner had a leak where the hose connects to outside fill for fresh water. No replacing of floor in bathroom or kitchen.

I haven't checked this post in awhile so my apologies for a response 1 year later..
Old 06-04-2017, 08:52 PM   #106

Hey Chris, just wanted to update you.
I did buy the Yamaha YXZ1000R. I was going to sell my Blast 150MPH but had no takers. So I made the SxS fit. I had to cut a hole in the bathroom wall to make room for the front wheel and I took out the couch/Bed on the right side. But if it fits it ships!
TwoBuells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:34 PM   #107

Way cool TwoBuells. Thanks for sharing the pics..