Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #1

Angry Have a new 2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 301BLDS Toy Hualer

This was the most impressive toy hauler we looked at, so we bought one. We have had problems since day one- front cap caved in by wind, freshwater plumbing leaking and loud pump, blown tire on passenger side of trailer and leaking bearing grease, numerous other issues. The passenger side tire that blew and the front tire before it is scalloped already after 500 miles, dealer is contacting manufacturer to look at axles, and framing. Have taken it out 3 times this summer since new in June 2012 and each time have had problems.

Does anyone else have one of these? If so, any feedback would be helpful.
sbt8426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear about your trouble with the toy hauler. Hopefully between your dealer and the manufacturer things will be fixed and you can start enjoying it without worry.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #3

I have one with the liberty package. After towing it down the highway in the rain the carpet in the slide out was soaked. It has a leaky toilet, the stereo is junk and wired incorrectly, counter tops scratched easily and it is missing 2 drawer clips. I haven't had it back to the dealer yet, but I'm sure it will be a fight.

2007 Ford F350 FX4 6.0 Diesel
garygonefyshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #4

Have you had any other issues and have they fixed the other problems? Is yours a liberty edition?

2007 Ford F350 FX4 6.0 Diesel
garygonefyshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #5

I keep finding more stories about the Liberty Edition 301 Toyhauler and ours is still on order and hoping to have it by this time next week. From what I am hearing, sounds like I need to pay a lot of attention to the details of the unit before I take it back home with me, over a hundred miles. May be one of those situations where I have more leverage before I pick it up than afterwards. Regarding the counter tops, I will definitely ask around about something to help seal it from the minor scratches from every day setting dishes or anything else on it. Understand you don't put a tool box on a counter top an then slide it, goes without saying.
myhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #6

I had this unit delivered toe already winterized. I'm having trouble finding the hot water heater bypass... Where is this darn thing located?
scoots713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:54 PM   #7

Wish I could help you, I ordered mine back in early October and it's still not through the line.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #8

We finally picked up our 301 BLDS two weeks ago and took it back a week later for a couple of issues. A bad scrape in the glass at the dinning room table, toy hauler screen was laying to the one side when we got it home, there were no tool handles with it, a solid red light in the converter, and when we pulled out the drawer under the stove and pushed it in it would keep hitting the heater tubing. Nothing major and it was all repaired within two days. Only bad thing was the 200 miles to take it there and another 200 miles back. They buffed out the scratch as good as could be expected but is still quite visible. I agree that to take out the window and put a new piece of glass in could cause leaks down the road. All and all, we were pretty well impressed with it and everyone that has seen it agrees. Truth will be when we use it the first time. If I had one reservation, it would be the extreme height of the rear entry. It looks like a 45 degree angle, but will crank up all the way on the front the first time I load my motorcycle, a 2008 FLHTC Anniversary Edition Harley. Has anyone had any issues loading their big bikes?
Old 10-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #9

Hot water bypass is on driver side of bed under a wooden panel. I can't seem to find the water pump to winterize it though. Any ideas?
Haulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 05:47 AM   #10

Water Pump

Regarding your question about the water pump, it is located uner the kitchen sink. Take out the bottome drawer and you may see it but will have to take out the panel under the sink to gain access to it. Not sure what you can winterize with it though. I blow out all my lines and then pump in antifreeze with one of the hand pumps. As you have observed you have to change the position of all three valves on the hot water heater and then just leave the plug out of the hot water heater and external tank between your wheel wells. Then just fill up your drains and you are done... For safeguarding the water tank, I wrap a piece of cheese cloth over the exposed water drain and put a couple of long bread ties on it so it can breath and not allow bugs to enter.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:06 AM   #11

I have a 2006 Adrenaline. The ramp is fairly steep. Loading is not an issue but backing it out is. We use the garage as a bedroom when camping or I would put in a winch. If I could rig one that hooks in the track and is removable.

Be carefull unloading the sandpaper deck does nothing to prevent sliding.
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #12

I have looked under the sink and removed the panel already. Sounds like its comin from under the linoleum floor . . . Subfloor?
Haulin is offline   Reply With Quote