Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #21
Site Team
 
KyDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 6,715
IF you're picking up your trailer from the dealer, just go to the parts desk
and get some self leveling RV roof caulk.

Also I urge you to consider a rain cover. MaxxAir has a couple to choose
from. Check prices online and at the dealer. Some dealers aren't all that
much higher than online once you include shipping.

We occasionally boon dock- (camping with no hookups). It's very nice
to be able to use our ceiling vent even in a rain storm. Also no worry ever
about going out and coming back to find it has rained in thru the vent.
__________________

__________________
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:47 PM   #22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 24
Thanks to everyone to all the great information. Just got done installing it, and it was a breeze. The only problem I had was the screws needed a rectangle bit, luckily I had one.
__________________

__________________
danimal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:16 AM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal86 View Post
Thanks to everyone to all the great information. Just got done installing it, and it was a breeze. The only problem I had was the screws needed a rectangle bit, luckily I had one.
Fyi a no.2 Phillips bit will work as lonh as you take your time.

Pics ?
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 24
Good to know.
Here's the only pic I took from inside looking up. It lets a lot more light in! Next time they go on sale ill probably replace the bathroom one with a fan-tastic

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130826_095817.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	38671
__________________
danimal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #25
daydreaming about camping
 
jeeplj8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: KC area
Posts: 1,400
if you are looking for vent covers, I went with the fantastic brand, translucent smoke:
how to remove lap sealant from EPDM roof

I wanted something that allowed the most air flow (least restrictive) and also the most light transfer.
__________________

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Taylorgso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Removed light fixture then pushed the wires between insulation and ceiling from vent hole to the light hole.

Now fyi fan will only work when light switch is on but in my case the light switch is outside of the bedroom in the hallway coming up the steps to the fifth wheel upper level.
So we just turn light on and off at the individual lights in bedroom.

Turbs
If your lights are switched on the ground side, you can splice into the hot wire and run a separate ground, and that will give you individual control of the fan.
__________________
Ed (N4RWU) & Becky Taylor
Mistie (Walks 4-down)
Greensboro, NC
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorgso View Post

If your lights are switched on the ground side, you can splice into the hot wire and run a separate ground, and that will give you individual control of the fan.
Isn't a big issue as like I said my bedroom light switch is 4' away from the bedroom anyway.
Lol who wants to get out of bed , open up the door and walk out of the bedroom , past the bathroom door to turn on the light?
Go back in the bedroom for the reason you turned light on, then go back out to shut it off again.

Silliness I say!
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Taylorgso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Isn't a big issue as like I said my bedroom light switch is 4' away from the bedroom anyway.
Lol who wants to get out of bed , open up the door and walk out of the bedroom , past the bathroom door to turn on the light?
Go back in the bedroom for the reason you turned light on, then go back out to shut it off again.

Silliness I say!
Turbs:
Like an idiot, I didn't finish my remarks! What I should have added is that you could then run a switch to the fan anywhere you wanted it! (Bedroom, perhaps)
__________________
Ed (N4RWU) & Becky Taylor
Mistie (Walks 4-down)
Greensboro, NC
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #29
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorgso View Post

Turbs:
Like an idiot, I didn't finish my remarks! What I should have added is that you could then run a switch to the fan anywhere you wanted it! (Bedroom, perhaps)
I'll look into it! Thanks.
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dealer, fan

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 PM.