Old 01-06-2016, 02:50 PM   #11

Toddupton,
The water heater switch is located in the control panel right next to the door so I don't think it is that.

I just called an EVO dealer in north Texas and he couldn't tell me over the phone and said I would have to come in for them to trace it.

I thought it might be for heat tape in the underbelly, it has the climate "B" package, but the dealer told me that the heat tape should come on with the furnace so it probably isn't that either.

Still searching.....

Thank You

John & Theresa

2014 EVO T3250
2002 GMC Yukon 2500XL SLT 4x4, 6.0, 4:10
Husky Centerline WDH w/sway
BukerRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:01 PM   #12

The previous owner may have added the switch to control the electric element of the water heater. The switch is more convenient than going outside or to the trailer's circuit breaker box. Many of us have done that. If the water heater is not hot, turn it off at the water heater or breaker and turn the switch on. If you don't get the same effect on your lights, you'll know what it's for.

RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 05:00 PM   #13

The mystery is finally solved. I emailed FR and was informed that it is for the "tank heating pads". It is supposed to turn on when temp drops below 42 and turns off when temp goes above 62. The rep told me it is part of my "Climate-B" pkg which I assume is another name for the Arctic Pkg.

John & Theresa

2014 EVO T3250
2002 GMC Yukon 2500XL SLT 4x4, 6.0, 4:10
Husky Centerline WDH w/sway
BukerRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 05:42 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BukerRV View Post
The mystery is finally solved. I emailed FR and was informed that it is for the "tank heating pads". It is supposed to turn on when temp drops below 42 and turns off when temp goes above 62. The rep told me it is part of my "Climate-B" pkg which I assume is another name for the Arctic Pkg.

John & Theresa
Thanks for reporting back. We always like to know that/how a problem was solved.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse