Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
rbq

Fridge overheat breaker

Last week we were getting ready to head out to cook for a church group. I had plugged in the Roo to get the fridge cold & it was working. We had to leave early Monday morning so I hooked up the truck to the trailer on Sunday night & left it plugged in & unplugged at last moment. Problem is that the driveway slopes down & so the trailer was nose down overnight. I went in Monday morning to put something in the fridge & no light in fridge & no lights on the panel. I checked the fuse in the converter & it was good. We had to leave so let it be. After checking behind the fridge & finding that the thermal fuse was good & the two fuses in the control panel were good I figured that we had probably lost a control board or something like that. I called our dealer where we bought the trailer & asked about having it serviced. (It is about 4 months past original warranty, but fridge has 24 month warranty so thought we were good there) The dealer gave me a number of a guy to call for service. What a great guy to work with. I describe the problem & what we had checked. He told me that there was one more place to check. We had determined that we had 12 volt power to the block behind the fridge. He told me to follow the red wires going out of the block. The one led to the thermal fuse that we had already confirmed good. The other led the several wires hooked to the side of the flue of the fridge. He told me that there was a resetable breaker there. It didn't look like there was one there, but in between the wires was this little button. I pushed it with my little finger & it went click. Ran inside & found light on in fridge & power to the control panel. He told me that this is a breaker that trips if the fridge is out of level for too long & overheats. Now that I know this just thought that I would share the experience with you in the event this happens to you.

Tags
breaker