Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2018, 08:06 PM   #1

2018 legacy 38c

I heard they’re supposed to come up with an upgrade for the door on the front bathroom bathroom is useless for normal size person to get in the door with the slide inI have to leave my door open then close the slide to use the bathroom very poor engineering
anthony mazziotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:18 AM   #2

not poor engineering, just minimal amount of room in ANY unit for a full door swing with the opposite slide closed... there's no unit from any manufacturer that will have a full door swing on the mid 1/2 bath, other than a few that may put their door on the 'corner' of the bath,,,, but then the drawback is more loss of room BECAUSE of the door swing.

it's always a compromise, but one you can easily do yourself is to leave the door fully open, then close the slide.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
not poor engineering, just minimal amount of room in ANY unit for a full door swing with the opposite slide closed... there's no unit from any manufacturer that will have a full door swing on the mid 1/2 bath, other than a few that may put their door on the 'corner' of the bath,,,, but then the drawback is more loss of room BECAUSE of the door swing.

it's always a compromise, but one you can easily do yourself is to leave the door fully open, then close the slide.

I was thinking maybe a door that pivots near the center with that in mine it would be the same opening with the slide in or out or maybe a by folding door just my thought
anthony mazziotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:21 AM   #4

true, Newmar does this on several of their mid-bath models, but you can hear negative comments about those just as easily - the owners realize that while it may seem a benefit at first, the real world says that it simply limits the door opening size ALL THE TIME, even when you are parked with the slides out.
I'm not sure that's the answer either, but they put it in as a solution, at least.

A slider door is the best solution, but finding the place for the door to 'slide into' is also an issue that is hard to engineer. It's easy for us to say we 'need' it and the factory could just remove some hallway cabinets or shelves to make it happen, but the vast majority of buyers would not agree with that... storage is even more important.

just my thoughts
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote