Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2015, 04:14 PM   #1

360 RB winterization

The manual is so generic as to be worthless. It suggests that if using AF you would add it to the water tank and pull it through the water lines. Really? You can't even empty the tank completely. That's a lot of AF. On mine there is hose coming from a valve in the line between the tank and the pump. It looks as though the purpose is to divert flow and suck AF into the lines instead of water. Is that correct? Does anyone do this or do you just blow water out of the lines with a compressor. If so, I see what appears to be drain lines in the right hand side of the water/sewer connection area. These appear to me low level drains for the hot and cold water lines. Is that correct?

Any help in lieu of real instructions from FR would be greatly appreciated.
bnyosemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnyosemite View Post
The manual is so generic as to be worthless. It suggests that if using AF you would add it to the water tank and pull it through the water lines. Really? You can't even empty the tank completely. That's a lot of AF. On mine there is hose coming from a valve in the line between the tank and the pump. It looks as though the purpose is to divert flow and suck AF into the lines instead of water. Is that correct? Does anyone do this or do you just blow water out of the lines with a compressor. If so, I see what appears to be drain lines in the right hand side of the water/sewer connection area. These appear to me low level drains for the hot and cold water lines. Is that correct?

Any help in lieu of real instructions from FR would be greatly appreciated.
As long as fresh tank is close to empty you really don't need to add af to it. Plenty of room for expansion.

What I have been doing to completely drain our tank is two things. You can manually use levelers make drivers side a bit higher than drain side, with slides in I do this. You can also open your drain and take a short drive to let the fresh water drain.

I usually blow my lines out as we keep the coach in heated storage but you are correct about the open ended hose. Throw the two valves on the left to the opposite position and pump sucks the af into the system bypassing the tank.
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter